What's new

Advertising in movie theater before movie. Are you guys as mad as me? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Second Unit

I agree with everything you mentioned. But certain movie has to be seen in big screen with big sound. It doesn't matter how big your screen TV is at home you just don't get the same effect like you do in movie theater in my opinion but I'm definitely becoming more picky of what movie I would be willing to pay for. Good action movie then I'll go to theater. But comedy or thriller I usually wait til it's on DVD.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Only if you have a good theater nearby. My local theaters are a joke (and I'd imagine many small town rural theaters are similar). Postage stamp screens with only analog stereo surround. My modest home theater IS better than that.

I have to drive over 40 miles to find a decent theater.

Nick

Second Unit
In your case then you're better off watching it at home then. We have a lot of nice state of the art theaters around where we live so we have a lot of choices. The other day I went to see the Bourne Ultimatum at a second run theater and I was surprised that the theater was actually decent with nice surround sound and the price is $6.50. My local theater coast about $10.00 at first run theaters. That's how much I paid for the last time anyway. Who knows how much it is nowaday. Seems like everytime I go to the movie the price just keep going up and up.

Nick

Second Unit

Me too. I love to watch the upcoming preview. It's the commercials that I can't stand

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
I'm with you...I hadn't separated the two when I originally posted, but yeah the commercials-especially the local ones we get are downright BAD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks