What's new

Advanced Anime Discussion - Anime Fans' Discussion (1 Viewer)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
People are nuts! With a pile of Akira tins on ebay priced from $9.99 to $30, why on earth would someone pay $81 for the CONTENTS of the tin, without the tin?
Or more correctly, why can't this guy bid on MY auctions? :)
At least I'd be reinvesting the profits on anime....
600 posts, not bad! Just think if we had a gay friendly anime discussion going! :)
...not that there's anything wrong with that...
------------------
Link Removed | Burt Lancaster is Link Removed | dOc

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
Hey Jeff U.,
Are you saying we should have a "Gay Friendly Anime Thread" and talk mostly shoujo stuff and a lot of yaoi and shounen-ai stuff? The thing is, this stuff usually attracts the girls...now where are the girls? *looking all over the place* You wouldn't believe how many screaming fans girls go crazy over stuff like yaoi and shounen-ai. ;P Of all the panels we had at Expo, the "yaoi" and "bishounen" panels were the most pact and filled with mostly girls! :)
*snicker*
-----
K.C.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I just figured if we combined the "gay friendly" thread with the "ainme" thread we'd have one huge thread...
I wasn't really being serious...
------------------

Ken Stuart

Second Unit
quote: Easy on the Evangelion semi-spoilers Those are kind of borderline. Remember, not everyone here has seen the series.[/quote]
That's okay - because the episodes themselves have spoilers!
furious.gif
My rental DVD of 0:1 arrived today, and I had heard so much about this particular series that I wanted to see one episode immediately. The first episode ends in a cliffhanger and then some voice that sounds like an 8-year old Japanese girl comes on (translated with the subtitles - I was watching in "original language" [where's my gold star?
wink.gif
] ) to tell me how it comes out in the next episode! Just like a cheezy commercial US network TV show - "we feel haven't done enough in creating this episode of the TV show to make you tune in again, so we will tell you what happens in the next episode and that will make you tune in - even though we've destroyed all the suspense for you..." Huh ??
confused.gif

[Edited last by Ken Stuart on August 06, 2001 at 04:49 PM]

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
Ken,
Ah, "previews"...
Remember, anime series in Japan are shown in a weekly state like regular TV shows...meaning one episode per week on a given date and time. So the preview is to entice the audience to wait until next week to watch the next episode...it's the same way that previews work in U.S. shows. They give a bit of spoilers to draw you in. I see nothing with it, really. Just fast forward through it to the next episode on the disc.
---
K.C.

Bob Morgan

Stunt Coordinator
Neon Genesis Evangelion 03 is eluding me!
I just got an email from Buy.com telling me that they are still looking.
I requested a cancellation by email.
Went to bestprices.com(where I should have went to first for crying out loud.I wish I had a brain)and it states that they have over 200 copies in stock.
Tried to checkout and kept getting a "page cannot be displayed"
ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! !!!!!!!!!
Hopefully, Gasaraki 02 arrives before this weekend so I'll be able to watch something.
As my brother-in-law always says.... "Damn that Morgan gene!"

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Is it just me or shouldn't there be a separate anime section on the board. When you hit 25 pages, it becomes a bit much to tell things apart. Plus, the subject covers significantly more than just a single film (a la Phantom Menace). I'm posting a similar thread in Forum Feedback.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Well, there are already dedicated forums for anime, just not on HTF.
------------------

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
Bob,
Having problems getting Neon Genesis Evengelion Vol. 3?
Hope you like Gasaraki. :)
---
We should definitely have a separate anime thread. :)
---
K.C.

Ken Stuart

Second Unit
Well, there are already dedicated forums for anime, just not on HTF.
And, wouldn't dedicated fans be reading those forums?
For example, Chris has his own site, with its own forums. I'm sure he posts here simply to be helpful to newbies.
Similarly, although there is an HTF DBS Forum, it is there mostly for HTF members who are thinking about getting DBS, not for dedicated DBS fans, who generally go to places like DBS Forums to discuss small details.
Given that, I'm surprised at such discussions going on here, instead of - for example - Chris' site's forums.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Yeah, Chris posts here just to lure the unsuspecting into a life of anime!
wink.gif

My point is that I don't see much need for Ron and Parker to consider a whole forum for anime discussion. If a title is big enough to warrant it, a seperate thread can and will be created.
Otherwise keeping a few threads going with recommendations keeps things consolidated - untl they turn into discussions about whther there should be a separate thread, or forums... :)
------------------

Joe_C

Supporting Actor
600 posts, not bad! Just think if we had a gay friendly anime discussion going!
laugh.gif
You're right. It would be massive!
Now that we've reached that impressive milestone, I think it's time that we start a sequel thread. Sifting through 25 pages can be a little daunting. So please don't post anymore to this thread. We'll just continue all our discussions in the new thread.
------------------
I am Jack's Signature

"Here's to us poor schmoes, working for the man. Even if he is a hot, sexy female man."
"But as a gentleman, I must warn you, if you so much as glance at another woman, I'll be on her like a fly on a pile of very seductive manure."

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Just wanted to let everyone who visit's this thread know that I have a few anime DVD's up for sale in the Software for Trade/Sale section of this forum.
Sorry for posting this here, it's just that all the anime fans visit this thread who might not check the sale/trade section regularly.
Andrew
------------------
ICQ# - 119869807

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks