What's new

Adam-12 Season Two? (1 Viewer)

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick

Sorry Cees, i was a day late and a dollar short. I was typing while you posted. Edit me if needed.

I am just happy as punch Universal is licencing its TV show catalog!

BobSchneider

Second Unit
Well I got s1 and s2 of Shouts! Ironside releases, there on one sided dvd and althought there no extras the video and audio captures quite good and make for good viewing. Im really happy to hear Adam 12's comming out, now it they pick Kojak and give a deceided release date for Ironside S3 I'd be in heaven LOL;) ....... Hmmmm many they could pick NYPD Blue and bring at series back to live too.;)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Yeah, I do this as well. It's why I now have in the neighborhood of 1,100 VHS tapes in my library. It's also why I can watch Batman (1960s series), The Patty Duke Show, and most of The Rifleman (and without any discs freezing), as well as some other vintage series. I look at multiple formats whenever I purchase many shows. And in several cases, I purchase (or otherwise duplicate) shows in more than one format, both for reasons of editing and for archival purposes. It's also a positive for me that shelf space will never be a problem.

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
I had read on Kent McCord's website, that he and Martin Milner had wanted to do commentaries for the season 1 relesae, but Universal said 'no thanks'. I'm guessing Shout! is probably welcoming their participation.

I am SO, SO, SO, excited to hear about this. My favorite cop show of ALL TIME!!!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Jim,

I agree. I'm very excited about this.

I wonder why Universal said "no thanks"? Maybe it was a money issue? I would have thought that they would have jumped at the chance.

This show is IMO another wonderful period piece, filled with the L.A. (and surrounding) landscapes that make older shows so appealing to me. When I watch these, I often try to peek at the food prices whenever Pete and Jim are out on a Code 7, or at the gasoline prices when they stop at the pumps. ;)

BobSchneider

Second Unit

Oh Wow Mr hankie go off again on a average member of this forum who does not have howard hughes money or hollywood conections to get quasi legal tape releases direct forum studio scoures. It constantly mystified me why the mods on this forum let you continue to post your condesdening abusive posts? Part owner, personal friends with cheif Mod, biggest advertiser because your abusive posts are get really really old. You really need to think about the real world Hankie , the vast majority of the forums member dont have unlimited storage space (for huge collections of thousands of vhs, 16mm film wheels or commerical tapes so dvd's space saving is a god send) or nor do we have the hollywood connections to get tv series not yet released to general public in any format ie 16mm film or commerical size video tape,....etc. in other words tv studio insider boot legs of show not available in general release. Please mr hankie before you posted consider the real world average forum user, we dont have unlimited storage space, unlimited money or unlimited hollywood insider connections to get us tv series not in general released or have the cosmic forsight to recorded every series on the air on vhs during its first run on tv but, that goes back to llimited storage again . Really mr hankie the average forum member doesnt need your bombastic, condescending and abusive posts they are very tiring and its amazing you can not understand why the average fan of adam 12 would be happy with the continue dvd release of s2 though SHOUT!, oh but thats right you already got all the seasons on commerical video tape stored in your two football field long video warehouse, my bad . LOL

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Bob,

I just read through the link you provided. Is this set (Season Two) going to consist of flippers? I can't seem to determine this from what I've read thus far. It looks like flippers will not be used, as the link mentions a four-disc set. (I believe Season One is two discs.) If Shout ends up distributing the first season as well, I think I will purchase that one over again -- which would be the first time I've ever done that for a series. :)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Scott, I don't think Shout! has ever used flippers (certainly not on their TV titles). I went back and forth with them on the number of episodes and the disc format because I (mistakingly) thought the show was an hour long (it didn't help that EPGuides.com which I happened to be looking at also said it was 60 mins). It's a 4-disc set using single-sided discs.

Gord

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Gord,

Many thanks! This is good to know. I may spring for all of the seasons eventually distributed by Shout! (whatever these end up being). I wouldn't mind seeing them issue the first season at some point. :)

BobSchneider

Second Unit
On Shouts community forums B Ward posted in general Shout doesnt use flipers because because of the high defect rate /more expensive. MY personal experance with then Ironside s1 and s2 were single sided disk with no major issues I only experanced one mild freeeze on both sets but that was going from chapters and it only lasted a max of 2 seconds. Ive have had sets from "first tier" companies like sony have bad freezes and macro blocking (ie s1 of kung fu, Nypd Blue s4 and SG-1 Atlantis s1) So Ive really got no grip about the Shout! sets Ive gotten so far, Oh btw the orginal Universal release of ADAM 12 had alot of freezes of 1 to 2 seconds, I had to use my progressive scan toshiba because my dvd player built in to my old panasonic 27 crt hated the orginal adam 12 univerisal realease, so much for first tier quality:P

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

Gord's answer is pretty much what I know about Shout! . . . . they don't use flippers; all of the Shout! releases that I own are single sided. I don't think, however, that Shout! will reissue season 1, at least for the foreseeable future. If the season 2 sets sell well, then they'll continue to release subsequent seasons and, perhaps, eventually get around to reissuing season 1 down the line. Frankly, I'd rather see them release all of the other seasons and, if they get that far, then come back and reissue season 1.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Bob,

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. :emoji_thumbsup:

I too have had good and bad experiences depending on the player I use. We too have one Toshiba, and a couple of other brands we use as backups.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny

Dude, Lighten up! :) It's refreshing to hear Hank's comments - he's a long time TV collector long before the DVD days who offers a perspective on what it was and what it is now. He's far from abusive - he's presenting his views in an open forum.

And if it wasn't for the 16mm collectors we wouldn't have the TIMELESS releases or that missing season 1 FKB episode.

The "old time" collectors gave a darn when the studios didn't.

And when did Hank ever say he had "inside connections"? or implied he's a "TV insider". Seems to me he's a collector who knows who to ask the right questions to to get the right answers.

Sounds to me someone is Jelious :)

BobSchneider

Second Unit

Uh it just a matter of time you'll say something, you'll make a innocent little comment Mr Hankie thinks is sacrilege or have the audacity disagree with the hankie and he'll gore you high handed insults or tell you how he had the brilliant insite to record on beta no less every tv series made in the last hundred years and how peasants like us should not be allow to have oppions that contradict his. Belive me jeliously has NOTHING to do with my oppion of Mr Hankie, it his consant radom punking of the average forum members for absolutely no good reason. It only a matter of time before you or a friend get's zapped by the Hankie, Good Luck dewilson, this message will self destruct in five seconds...............;) LOL

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
This is now up for pre-order at Amazon. Cover art actually looks like it came from one of the later seasons. But no matter...I'm estactic this is coming out!

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Thanks jim, and Scott. I will buy it release week, and hope for the other 5 seasons that are left. Also hope, even if it might be false hope, for a redo of season 1 after they finish season 7. :)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Rick,

Count me among those who wouldn't hesitate to purchase Season One again if they're redone. :emoji_thumbsup:

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

What was wrong with the original release of season 1?

By the way all 7 seasons are already available on Netflix on their Instant Watching System. They also have 4 seasons of Dragnet 67 available for instant watching.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks