What's new

Adam-12 Season Two? (1 Viewer)

Mick Tees

Second Unit
Ok we are getting Emergency! Season Two on Tuesday. Cool!

Does anyone have any news about Adam-12 & its second season?

I was really impressed with season one of Adam-12. It was better than I remembered it. I loved Emergency! as a kid and still do to this day but I think I was more impressed with Adam-12 when you put the two shows side by side.

I'm anxious for the 2nd season... anyone else?

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

That's a 10-4 Mick :D A-12 has also held up good over the years for me as well. TSoD will let us know when they hear anything on S2. I'd figure that it's a sure thing release, but who knows with this TV/DVD market? Very un-predictable, from my angle.

I'm still in process of viewing this series. I'm on Disc 2 at present. Did you have any viewing issues (defects) with your set and have you completed viewing the set? What type of DVD player do you use for your DVD-viewing?

Mick Tees

Second Unit
I have a Sony DVD player that's about 5 years old and I had no viewing issues or problems. The entire series was just AWESOME! All of the episodes played fine. The color was sharp. The sound was good. It looked as if it was preserved very well.

It's funny. I watched ADAM-12 within a two-week period after I got it. I got Emergency! for Christmas and I only started watching the 2-hour movie and that's as far as I got. I know that once I start watching episode after episode than I won't stop. I remember when TV-Land did a marathon of Emergency! I was glued to the TV.

Dave Jessup

Stunt Coordinator
Marcia and I picked up s1 of each of those shows; we both saw them on NBC in the '60s and '70s. She loves "Emergency," so it's a given we'll get s2 sometime soon. We both enjoyed Adam-12 this time around too; would go for a s2 if & when released.

We did have problems with A-12; one episode pixillated out (on both DVD drives we had at the time). Got the info for disc replacement, waited patiently, got the replacement; all's well.

I do wonder if widespread problems with A-12 damped enthusiasm / sales?

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve

Probably. I rented instead of bought because I no longer buy Universal TV shows. I've not had a problem with any of their movie discs, but I don't have time to check 30 episode seasons for problems.

Between people not buying Universal product and them glutting the market with shows of similar vintage/appeal I'd be surprised to see a S2 of this show. That's a shame, because it deserves better.

Barbara.G

Stunt Coordinator
I want more Adam-12! I had NO problems at all with the disks. They all played beautifully. MORE ADAM-12 PLEASE!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Well, damn. I had a problem with the episode where the girl is pursuing Malloy. Stuttering, freezing. Really bad thing is, it only did it in my player. I stuck it in the computer and it ran fine. I sure hope my DVD player isn't starting to fail. I handle my discs carefully and all I ever do is stick them in the player--don't know what else I can do--but I'm on my third player anyway. I shut the player off when I'm not watching a DVD, don't let it idle. Well, I'll keep an eye on it. Maybe it's a scuff on the disc that my player is more sensitive to than my DVD-ROM drive.

Edit: I have two DVD-ROM drives, and the disc just tested fine in the other one as well.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Bring on Season Two! I really enjoy this show, and have bugged TVLand for the last few years for not bringing it back on the air.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

Me too. No one's heard anything about S2 though. Since this TV/DVD market is so unpredictable, that doesn't mean a thing. S2 could be in production as we read this, for all we know.

(your Signature's :laugh: )

Phyll

Stunt Coordinator
I hope Universal does put out more Adam-12 and Dragnet 1968. I have a feeling if they do more Adam-12 they will wait until August(a full year). I have a feeling Universal has dropped Adam-12 though. I had to send in a defective disc. I bet with all the people sending in defective discs they probably thought it wasn't worth it. It is the studios own fault really though because they are too cheap. What I don't understand is if they can send me back a disc that is guareenteed, why can't they make it right in the first place? I am almost ready to go back to vhs. If I had a choice right now I think I would go to vhs. I know-ugh!!! But my Columbo disc froze up on the very ending of a show and I don't know exactly what happened. I was so bummed out!!! I mean-you watch til almost the very end and freeze-orama!!! I love Universal shows, but it is hard to feel comfortable paying big money for dvd boxed sets and have them poop out. I really want to buy the second season of Rockford Files but I am having my doubts. Back to Adam-12, I do hope Universal releases all the seasons. And soon!!! And on single-sided discs please!!!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
How did you contact Universal for the replacement. As I said above, my disc works fine on my computer, but I'd probably swap it out to try to see if I could get one that works on my standalone player. I've had it since August, so I doubt if Wal-Mart would let me exchange it. Then again, I've heard they are pretty lenient with returns. I could scope it out, but I'm doubting they even still have Adam-12 in stock.

Dave Jessup

Stunt Coordinator
Greg & all -
Having gone through that fun {post 4 above} and having bought from the same vendor - (you're right, chances are Walmart has never restocked after the initial sales period) here's what I did:

Google Universal Studios Home Entertainment's webpage. Choose "Contact Us."
You'll get a page with multiple options (theme parks, Spencer Gifts, etc.); choose DVD and VHS.
You'll get a page with FAQs and a contact link if your question is not answered - use that link to detail your problems.

If your experience is like mine, you should get a reply within a couple business days detailing what you'd need to do. In my case, they asked for a detailed rundown of the problem (where on the disc it freezes), makes of player(s) used, a copy of the receipt. I was to send that information and the defective disc (not the whole set) to them. Being, uh, safety conscious I sent it with package tracking to make sure it got to UHE.

Probably 6 weeks later or so I did get a corrected disc; plays fine as far as we know.

JeffCNY

Agent

Looks like their "20" is that ever-expanding graveyard for "TV Series That Are Announced and Introduced to the Market With Great Fanfare, And Are Quickly Abandoned and Discarded After One Season, Thereby Spitting Squarely in The Eye of the Fans and Customers."

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Actually, I can see them getting back to "Adam-12" after they finish EMERGENCY!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks