What's new

Actor LEO MCKERN - RIP (1 Viewer)

John Koehler

Stunt Coordinator
Leo McKern has died at age 82.
The memorable face and voice of The Prisoner's best No. 2 is gone, leaving a void for movie lovers the world over.
Superb is the only word for his performance as the ambitious Cromwell in Man for All Seasons.
Day the Earth Caught Fire gave us another memorable, no...INDELIBLE acting masterclass.
No matter what role he tackled, McKern was always worth watching. So many actors today are bland generic celebrity mannequins. McKern had his own voice, looks, delivery; he was unique.
Link Removed

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Whoa... 3rd reply in a Leo McKern thread, and I'm the first to mention "Rumpole"? Those otehrs may have been great roles, but "Rumpole of the Bailey" was, for the last twenty or so years, synonymous with McKern.

Kevin McCorry

Stunt Coordinator
Space: 1999, The Omen, Ladyhawke
are also to his credit. As the psychotic talking spaceship in Space: 1999's "The Infernal Machine", McKern had occasion to reprise his famous laugh as Number 2 in The Prisoner, whereas in Ladyhawke, he portrayed a sympathetic, pitiable character who rights a past wrong.
And his portrayal of the doomed Bugenhagen in the first two Omens. Sheer brilliance. Sci-fi, fantasy, horror
genres have lost one of their best.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
My wife recalls him most for his brief but important role as Paddy in The Blue Lagoon. I, of course, know him in all the other things already mentioned.

Farewell, Reginald. You were a brilliant actor, and will be missed. Godspeed.

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
One of my favorites...especially Rumpole

First Rumpole set on 8/27; a fitting tribute to a great actor.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks