What's new

Achieving Flat Bass Response (1 Viewer)

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
The only problem would be if one of the low spots is a null, but it doesn’t appear that that’s the case with your curve. Still, you won’t know for sure until you try. Keep in mind that the BFD will only adjust below and perhaps a little above the crossover point.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Chris Huber

Second Unit
Yes, I am aware of it only being effective below the Crossover(in this case 100hz). Is there anything that allows you to tame above crossover(main speakers) bass response AND sub response in the same unit??

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Since the sub and mains are all fully independent channels, any channel you want to equalize requires a dedicated equalizer.

If you want everything in one unit, that would require a multi-channel equalizer like the AudioControl Bijou or Diva or the Rane Home Cinema equalizers.

Most people don’t want to go this route because per-channel equalizing can get pretty expensive. They have to be connected between the pre amp and amplifiers, so you have to have pre-outs and main-ins on your receiver for each channel you want to equalize. For any channels that don’t have the complete loop, you have to add an outboard amplifier – which ups the price of admission even higher.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Chris Huber

Second Unit
I've been reading the BFD setup guide. It says to adjust the vol on receiver until you get yellow lights. Then, adjust your sub vol to match it with other speakers... Now, when a movie might be hot on bass, I'd like to adjust it down 1-2 on the receiver while watching the film. Is this still a possibility?

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Yes, the BFD is typically is connected between the receiver's line out, and the amp of the sub.Keep in mind that the BFD uses pro audio connections only.

Max F

Second Unit
Yes, and thats important cause you got to get a strong enough signal to the BFD.

Its all there on the snapbug site.

Basically it means turning up the sub gain on the reciever high enough to where you see the input lights on the sub come on at low to moderate volumes, but not too high were the clipping lights come on at the maximum volume you would normally listen too. Anyway, its more clear on the snapbug site.

Also, many, including me, use two different power settings (on the receiver) for the sub - one for music (lower power) and one for movies (higher power).

Chris Huber

Second Unit
I have 2 decent sub cables, both 15 ft long. I plan to run one from receiver to BFD, then the other from BFD to Sub. Think that should be ok length wise?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks