What's new

Accepted - quick review (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I had a good time with this movie. It harkened back to the good times I had with the late 70's, early 80's teen/college flicks like Revenge of the Nerds, One Crazy Summer, Better Off Dead. The comedic timing from the editing and direction was spot-on, with the cast delivering some good laughs from the material. Justin Long pretty much carried the film, but he had a good supporting cast of characters too.

Sure, you have to roll with the premise of Bartleby Gaines creating a fake college to fool his parents after not getting into any of the colleges he applied for, compound his situation with other high school graduates facing the same situation, and you get a wild and zany "college" for the wholly unaccepted who find a home for their own brand of uniqueness and interests. Obviously the concept is about the "out of the box" educational process of higher learning going toe-to-toe with the more conventional, traditional college experience. The film ends on one of the better endings in recent memory for me. Classic!

The target demographic (teens to early 30's) should get plenty of laughs from this movie.

I give it 3 stars, or a grade of B.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks