What's new

Academy Award Winner..............Eminem (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
But, have those of the naysayers even seen "8 Miles"? It's a good film overall, and just because you have notoriety doesn't mean you can't do good work that is recognized by the Academy.

Ike

Screenwriter
I do like some Eminem songs and truth be told he might have had the strongest song in the bunch...
I don't think I was being "snide" so where do I say he didn't deserve to win????:confused:
I wasn't necessarily talking about you.

Seth_L

Screenwriter
I like the song and as expected I went to see the movie to see the song be performed in '8 mile'. It wasn't. It was tacked on in the credits. I realize that some songs are tacked on in the credits, but does this mean that if you have a great song and you want to win an Oscar, all you have to do is tack it onto some movies credits? And yes, I do realize the song is about making it and such but I think in order for a song to be nominated, it must be present in the movie.
Watch the movie again. It's there (sort of). If I recall correctly one of the song his character writes during the movie is essentially Lose Yourself. The version in the credits is like a more polished/final rendition of it.

Seth

Ron S

Stunt Coordinator
Precisely how I meant it to be perceived- The fact that Eminem was even nominated is hard for me to believe. As I sees it- its just more proof-positive that the voting members are leaning more towards catering to the court of popular opinion. Any time true artists are upstaged by a caricature, I'm left dumbfounded. If this is the opinion of the general public, then "I give up".
Umm, I think you'd likely find more people who think of Eminem as an *artist* than a *caricature*. Granted, his lyrics are often controversial. But I find them interesting because he doesn't pull any punches.

I've listened to and own nearly all genres of music, and rap is not my favorite by far. But I can give credit where credit is due. Eminem is very talented.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks