What's new

ABC's "The Century" with Peter Jennings (1 Viewer)

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
Has there been any word of a release of the fantastic ABC Documentary "The Century" on DVD? This may be one of the greatest documentaries capturing the 20th Century, filled with a wealth of archival footage and interviews.

The VHS copies are out of print so if this isn't in the cards, how can we go about making some noise over this one?

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
Giving my annual bump here, anybody hear anything about this?

Or, could someone guide me how to convert my VHS copies to a dvd for legal, educational purposes?

epster

Auditioning
Real Name
Pat
it's available at the ABC News store. ~$75 for the series or $24 per Individual episode Education site license is $60http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/images/smilies/dance.gif

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
Ahhh be careful, there are two versions of this documentary. There is "The Century" which I believe aired on ABC, and then "The Century: America's Time" which aired on the History Channel. The ABC version is 12 parts, while the History Channel version is 15 parts.

I did mistakenly buy the 12 part version, not the one I'm looking for. In my opinion, the 15 part version is more comprehensive, goes in chronology of American history, and is an overall better series. So far, I still have not been able to find it in any capacity other than VHS from eBay...

Greg Layton

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg Layton
My wife bought me the 12 part DVD version as an early Christmas present. We watched the first episode, Lindbergh's Journey, tonight and enjoyed every second of it. The early video footage was literally breathtaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks