What's new

ABC's Missing starring Ashley Judd (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Well, it's over.
They wrapped up the story pretty well!
I remember a phrase I heard as a kid, it translates to something like, only in the movies. It's like those old serials too, one thing happens after another! :)
I kept thinking that all throughout this series. One stunt after another. This show was really well done in that regard, they didn't drag things out.
So it was satisfying that Becca got her son back and Paul got to connect with his son again. As it ended, I knew Becca would shoot Martin! What I didn't see coming was the torture scene, was that like what Jack did in 24?
And as it ended, I kept waiting for the shoe to drop. It just felt like they had one more twist. Like the car was going to blow up. But now we see who is missing. I guess that's it.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Not a bad ending as you say, but I never really got into the show for reasons already stated. If they are going to do something like this, her character should've been a LOT tougher, like a female Jack Bauer and get down and dirty like it should have been. Anyway, I think it was OK and I finished it, but really not surprised at all this show was cancelled. They just didn't seem to have the balls to do it the way it needed to be done. Hopefully, something like this will get made for cable TV instead of network and Ashley can do it right or something like it that is action based.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I feel pretty much the same way. I felt satisfied for my ten episode investment, but I'm not going to miss it much either. Even the cliffhanger ending isn't much of a cliffhanger, since Becca's proved she can survive anything.
One thing that did blow me away about this series was the location shooting. They've had a lot of great locations, but the shooting around the Hagia Sophia in tonight's finale absolutely blew me away. It was one of the chief appeals of the show for me.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Adam, I fully agree the location filming adds so much to the series. I mentioned that before, there's atmosphere and texture and something that CGI cannot do.
One thing that has surprised me the last few seasons is this series called Rookie Blue that ABC pulls out every summer. That seems to be a short run every year. If the response to the finale of Missing is big enough, I wonder if they couldn't just do a yearly 10 episode run. When I see a series like Mad Men done every year with only 13 episodes, that shows you can do a series with less episodes. Cuts out the fluff.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
Nelson Au said:
One thing that has surprised me the last few seasons is this series called Rookie Blue that ABC pulls out every summer. That seems to be a short run every year.
I read a week or two back that this Summer's Rookie Blue would be the last season.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams /t/319293/abcs-missing-starring-ashley-judd/60#post_3927134
I read a week or two back that this Summer's Rookie Blue would be the last season.

Rookie Blue will be returning for a fourth season (news has been posted in the Rookie Blue: Season 3 thread).

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Definitely agree with Adam's earlier comment about it being more of a miniseries than a first season of a show.
Enjoyed it and fairly well done, but doubtful it could have continued. Sort of like Flash Forward from a few years back, no place to go once you reach a certain point in the story.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.