What's new

ABC, Stephen King Check Into 'Hospital' (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
from the soon to be defunct gist.com
ABC is finally moving ahead with plans to turn Stephen King's "Kingdom Hospital" into a series, Variety reports. The project has been in development for several years but now has landed on the net's January 2004 schedule. The 15-hour outing will debut as a two-hour movie and will then unfold in 13 weekly installments. It draws its inspiration from a 1994 Danish miniseries titled "The Kingdom" that revolves around a haunted hospital built on an ancient graveyard. The drama was originally scheduled to air this season but was delayed after King announced that he personally wanted to pen the scripts for all 15 hours of the miniseries.
thought you'd like to know.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
And they probably replaced Miracles with this...

Good for you ABC! :rolleyes

Pretty much any Stephen King horror/sci-fi vehicle has been a turkey. You just can't translate him well.

The only two King feature films I remember being very, very good were Stand By Me (The Body) and The Shawshank Redemption (Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption). Misery was somewhat passable (if not for Kathy Bates' stunning portrayal, it would have been another crap-fest). Carrie was not too bad either, except it sometimes came across as a bad teenage "coming of age" soap opera with blood and guts.

Dan

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I hope it's better than "Golden Years," although the whole ancient burial ground/graveyard plot device is very tired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks