What's new

ABC Family cancels 'KYLE XY'. :( (1 Viewer)

NolanJ

Second Unit
Damn it, that was one of my favorite shows! I can't imagine any other original programming on that show being much better.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I'm sorry to say I didn't know it was still on.

I watched the first season when it aired in hd on abc and that was it.
They should have aired the rest on abc too after being on Family.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
The current season's storyline has been veering out of control, so I am not surpirsed.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
They started it with season 2 but stopped after a couple episodes due to low ratings. Of course, it airs in HD on ABC Family-HD, if you get that.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
thats what it was.
i rented the first season then watched whatever aired on abc-hd.
think it was 6 episodes.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I haven't even watched the last episode, but did they know they were going to be canceled before filming of the season wrapped up?

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Sadly, that appears to be the only closure that we are going to get from this series.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
As Daffy Duck used to say, "What a way to run a railroad."

ABC Family should be ashamed for cancelling a popular show due to a drop in ratings (after putting the series on a 12 month or so hiatus), then building up the finale as something it wasn't, and allowing it to end with a cliffhanger.

At least with "Stargate: SG-1" and "Stargate: Atlantis" the fans were assured, before the finales aired, that one or two direct-to-video movies would resolve any lingering story threads.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
To this day I still rank the cancellation of that show as one of my top five worst.

That show had so much promise and one of the most intriguing lead characters on TV at that time and they gave it the boot in favor of Secret Life of an American Teenager, the most ridiculous show for young adults on the air.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by Toddwrtr

At least with "Stargate: SG-1" and "Stargate: Atlantis" the fans were assured, before the finales aired, that one or two direct-to-video movies would resolve any lingering story threads.

Sometimes false promise is the cruelest kind. There is no chance of a SG:A direct to DVD movie now.

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2011/01/02/stargate_atlantis_movie_shelved_indefi

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The shittiest TV cancellations: 1) Kyle XY - Never saw it, but I have to respect the thread 2) Terriers - The best show on TV evar, but only 600K watched. At least it got a full season with a completed arc 3) The Unusuals - A great cop show that didn't feel like just another cop show. Terrific cast--we got to see Jeremy Renner before he took off--and quirky characters. Storylines did not get to play out. 4) Lights Out - Slot in the Terriers comments verbatim 5) Journeyman - Fun show that was just hitting its stride when it got pulled 6) John Doe - Just including this for my man, todd s. I did like it, though

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
I was a big fan of Kyle XY but by the last season it was going downhill fast. Too much teen angst and not enough intrigue and use of abilities. Both Journeyman and Joe Doe were still fresh and full of possibilities when they were canceled.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks