What's new

ABC develops Geico Cavemen sitcom (1 Viewer)

Shayne Judge

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone know the song that plays in the background while the caveman walks by the sign and then goes back to look at it in disgust? My wife is dying to get a hold of that song.

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator
I love the news interview commercial. "Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the rock." His reaction just cracks me up.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Yeah, I saw the original Atlanta pilot.

Wasn't good at all.
They only redeeming thing about that pilot was the sarcastic caveman.

This Atlanta pilot had nothing going for it

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Just saw the San Diego Pilot and it's even worse than the Atlanta pilot

A TERRIBLE...TERRIBLE show

The second casualty from my 2007 fall tv list

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Saw the show, don't know if there's enough to keep it though. The Caveman twist works great for the Geico commercials but each week dealing with there yuppie type attitudes might be a bit much for me. I'll give it one more week then see what happens.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
So far, this show is Oakland--no there there. The best caveman is Maurice, since he's the guy from the ads, but he's just a side character. The commercials worked because "we didn't know you guys were still around," but on the show, everybody knows these guys are around. It's basically just a bunch of guys with prosthetic makeup on for no reason.

The only laugh line for me was, "Keep your penis in your genus." Cavemen playing with the Wii might have been funny, but I already saw the joke in The Irredeemable Ant-Man, and that instance will never be topped for me.

I didn't hate it. I'll keep watching it for now, but I won't be counting the days 'til Tuesday.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
It wasn't as bad as people here led me to expect. There seemed to be so much hatred for the show before it even aired that I doubt it will be able to last.

There are so few sitcoms on, that I will still watch this until it get pulled.

It isn't the best thing on tv, but it was still better than another gameshow or a reality show.

I just don't see this place (this forum) ever giving this show a chance. There was so much outrage over the premise that it had no chance.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
It was just a bad show - including:

- Annoying characters who are not funny - who cares if they are in cave man makeup
- Where are the cave women? One of the characters has a problem dating non-cave women...but there aren't any around. They went to several locations (party, bar, gym...) and there were a lot of cave men...but none of the women (didn't make much since)...

- Trying to make a statement about interracial dating - again statements are just not funny - usually a sign that a good show has jumped the shark is when they start making statement shows...
-So, we have a comedy with no laughs, and a bunch of non-funny characters who are just annoying yuppies tied to their cell phones and text messages -
- A few not so well hidden racial sex jokes and stereotypes that are usually associated with African-Americans - somehow made less offensive by being applied to a race that doesn't really exist.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I only saw 2 minutes, then went to The War finale which I really wanted to see anyway. I agree, looked like a bunch of guys with cavemen make up. I didn't hate it or love, it just didn't do anything, no hook.

After reading a few comments here, it sounds like it could have worked better if they modeled this show on The Munsters premise.

Roger_S

Stunt Coordinator
I couldn't get into it at all and actually only managed to watch about half the show before I had to turn it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks