1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

AA Batteries Charger...

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Martin Fontaine, Aug 25, 2003.

1. Martin Fontaine

Martin Fontaine Supporting Actor

I have 2 questions.

1. About 6 months ago I bought a digital camera with a charger and batteries. The charger came with 1950mAh cells.

Now recently I bought some new ones (For my portable CD Player, but it's the same type) which are 2100mAh. Will my charger be able to charge them fully? I mean, it says in the manual it takes 4h to charge 4 1950's so if I put 2100's in there, will it just take a little longer or will the charger just stop charging at 1950?

2. I know that those 1h Ultra-Fast charger will make batteries wear out quickly while those 15-20h ones will make your batteries last long. But what is the optimal middle ground? I bought 1300's 3 and a half years ago and they are still working fine because I've been charging them in the supplied charger which took 13h to charge 1300's. Recently, I started using my new charger for them and now they don't really last long enough which is why I bought new ones.

So what is the best compromise? I don't want my batteries to be finished after 10 charge cycles but don't want to wait 20h to charge them.