What's new

A week before Xmas: what are you doing? (1 Viewer)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

What the hell kind of retail store is open on Christmas?... and, more importantly, where can I find one? :D

Seriously, the only things open in my neck of the woods are movie theaters, gas stations and the Waffle House.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I'm on the Forum at 4:20AM because I can't sleep. :frowning: But all of my shopping is finished, I only have 3 days of work left this week, I'm drinking a beer and there's an 80% chance of snow on Wednesday.

Scott- Being married isn't necessarily a bad thing. My 1 year anniversary is coming up March 6th and it's been a great year! It does take up a lot of my free time though. I used to live here on the Forum, now I just drop in for about 15 minutes to check a few posts once or twice a month.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Keith,
I read about that a couple days ago. No way is a Christmas tree worth that much.

My Christmas week:
Tuesday: Work, evening class
Wednesday: Work, Dinner and gift exchange with friends
Thursday: Work, gift exchange with buddy, maybe a movie
Friday: No work :D , Maybe a movie, Candlelight church service in evening.
Saturday (Christmas Day) : Parents house (dinner with Grandmother and her "friend" and his son *shudder* (Grandfather passed a couple years ago).

SarahG

Second Unit
Listening to some David Gray and perusing some sites for myself. I'm almost done with my x-mas shopping, but now I need a few things. right now I'm looking at photo paper on staples web site.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Hey Aaron, I know what you mean! My wife's expecting any day now as well. The due date is the 28th, but I had to take her to the hospital late Sunday night because she was going through contractions like crazy. The contractions finally subsided about 7:30 a.m. Monday morning, so she came on back home.

Basically, I'm just sitting around at work with not much to do except hang out online with all the HTF'ers and wait for word from my wife that she's ready to go to have the baby. And tomorrow we have another appointment with her doctor. Other than that, I finished my Christmas shopping this past Sunday afternoon and have that one last present to wrap, and I'm sitting here battling a cold and congestion.

Jimi C

Screenwriter
]

I wish.. Walgreens is open on christmas.. the 24 hour stores are open.. well.. 24 hours.. The other stores are open 9-5. Walgreens cares about its customers and knows that 2 or 3 people will want to buy some over priced batteries and possibly some milk. So, insted of eating Christmas dinner with my family, i will be (for the 3rd year in a row on x-mas day) dealing with a-hole customers looking for discounted christmas decor and other crap. The pharmacy is closed because pharmacists are in short supply and walgreens is afraid they may revolt and apply for a job at eckard or rite aid. Just us Walgreens bottom feeders are forced to work. Merry Christmas!~

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Hey, lot's of interesting activities :) Sounds like most people are in pretty festive spirits, sometimes despite bad or (no) working hours.

I'm at work, wondering what to tackle for the evening. A couple of meetings tomorrow and then I'm outta here, flying home for the week.

Oh, and I'm generally eating far too much candy and too many cookies. Had some tasty venison this afternoon, a coworker brought in.

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I've been baking cookies like nobody's business. I'll be working an all-nighter on the 23rd so I plan to fortify the troops with plenty of cookies and coffee. Other than that I'm trying hard not to let the kids feel gipped out of Christmas since mom and dad are working right up to the day itself. Here I thought having Christmas fall on a weekend would be good but corporate America apparently had other plans. Still, all is good so I can't really complain. Oh, and Jimi, the pharmacy at the Walgreen's near us is open 8-8 on Christmas Day. The depressed Michigan economy must give the pharmacists less clout here.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Well,,,,since you asked,,,,
My wife and I just got back from our family's anual ski trip to Aspen/Snowmass. :D
This was our 3rd trip and its always a very nice family trip. Highly recommended, especially when the in-laws pay for the condo. The snow could of been better, but the weather was beautiful. Warmer up there than it was down here in Denver. Only wiped out once, and it was a yard sale on a global scale.

Just chillin' tonight, getting ready to watch either Dodgeball or The Bourne Supremacy.

Tomorrow is the major shopping day. :frowning: But, better than doing it on Christmas Eve.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
You should meet my brother-in-law. Those are both on his Xmas list.

I'm finishing packing, and counting the hours 'til my flight leaves. However, they're calling for 7-10 inches of snow in Indy which could shut down the airport, leaving me stranded in Detroit. So, I hope to not be stuck in an airport tomorrow night.

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
Made funeral arrangements for my mom (passed away on the 17th), moved her stuff from the nursing home, contacting her friends/family about the situation, and helping my father with all the legal paper work that's involved in this situation (division of assets, files with Social Security, insurance, etc). I hate to say it but feeling relived this ordeal is now over (she had a severe brain stroke about a year ago and was steadily declining in pain and discomfort, her living as long as she did prepared the whole family for this situation, it's sad we can put down our pets with more dignity).

Now if I can get friends and family to stop saying things such as "if you need anything ask", "we're praying for you", "she's in a better place" (my dad's an atheist and I'm agnostic, this isn't comforting and highly insulting), and "condolence for your loss" I hate to say it but everyone who's lost someone knows that if you care it doesn't need to be said.

I'm just looking foward to Christmas eve so I can help distribute toys for toys-for-tots. It's something I've been doing for about about the last 5 years though I'm not religious I think this seasonal celebration is still a goodwill gesture for all parties and should be thought more as what we can do for others less fortunate than we are at this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks