What's new

A-TEAM Seaon 3 announced 01/31/06 (1 Viewer)

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Super-:cool: news. Thanks, "Dave" (TSoD headliner guru) for another award-winning headline :D

I haven't seen this series until the DVD's were released. I'm about halfway thru S2 at the moment. Any A-Team "Vets" out there have info for me about how S3 ranks and compares to the other seasons of this show? So far, I seem to like S1 better than S2 but it's a close race. Did someone mention on another thread that new characters are introduced in S3?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't think any major characters are introduced. Certainly no new members of the A-Team. I think Lance LeGault might have been put out to pasture that year, though, to be replaced by a new military chaser. The quality is about the same as S2. The best episode is probably Bounty, which focuses on Murdock and guest-stars Schultz's wife.

Things start to go sour in S4, though it's watchable for a veteran A-Team fan. Well, for the most part. I mean, Cowboy George is a pretty low point. Can you guess the guest star from the title? CowBOY GEORGE? Talk about oil and water. Then, there's one called Duke of Whispering Pines that I just never liked. It's pretty standard A-Team, but some of the actions they take stretch credulity to the breaking point. I did really enjoy Wheel Of Fortune, another Murdock-centric episode (with an appearance by an Airwolf-esque Bell--maybe the same one used for that show, but I don't remember for sure).

S5, the show is totally shaken-up, and the results aren't very pretty. It gets so bad that at one point, "natives" are chanting, "Hoorotis, hoorotis," and you can hear them subtly change it to, "Who wrote this? Who wrote this?" A few of the episodes are watchable, but I can see even diehard fans passing on this one.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Oh, I will, too. There were a few good episodes in S5. The two Face episodes were very good, for example. The second of those was basically an adaptation of an extremely good S1 Starsky and Hutch script, so it'll be good to have both on DVD for the sake of comparison. But, Jeff does need some warning that the season is NOT for everyone.

Carlo S

Stunt Coordinator
As much as I want it, I will no longer be getting UNiversal R1 releases.

Its just too much hassel.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Greg,

Thanks for the info. I'd heard somewhere else, I think, on another HTF thread, that S5 wasn't very good compared to the other seasons. I plan on getting S3 and then waiting until I finish S3 before deciding on S4. I'd heard that there was another actress that replaced Melinda Culea sometime during S2 with Marla Heasley. Any confirmation on this and who was better in that role between the 2?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I think Tawnia first shows up during the Battle of Bel-Air. I like Amy much better. Tawnia whines too much. I understand Peppard made life pretty miserable for Culea, so I don't know why they even bothered to replace her.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
I havent seen the show in 20 years now, beyond the best of discs that came out in the UK - but from what I hear season 5 was pretty much a train wreck.

Even so, I'll still probably pick up the show. Even stupid 80's action shows are still way better than lame 00's television.

John*D

Second Unit
Artwork posted...

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4346

I agree, H.M. Murdock does look a little freaky with that gun. Especially knowing the way he behaves on the show. They should have made B.A. looking up at Murdock with a grimmace. Put that gun away fool!

I'll definitely be picking this up. I like the orange coloring.

p.s. - What's wrong with Face's face? He's looking a little sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks