What's new

a superior popcorn experience (1 Viewer)

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
I was in this "National Warehouse Liquidators" type place last week and I saw this thing for a buck, so I bought it:

The Amazing Kernel Katcher!

So, you dump your microwave popcorn into this bowl and the unpopped kernels fall through the holes in the bottom of the bowl and collect in this shallow, screw-off bottom tray, and thus you avoid kracking your teeth on them!

I had a superior popcorn experience with this evening's film, and I thought you all would appreciate knowing about it. If you can find one of these things, it's well worth the buck. How come I didn't think of inventing this?

Plus, they actually do spell "catcher" with a "K" on it. Which added to the experience, truly. :D

MC

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I just purchased one of these... classic stainless stovetop poppers.

I've also come accross the following two websites which offer gourmet stovetop popcorn kernels in a choice of varieties and flavors, who knew there were so many different kinds of popcorn!

http://www.popcornlovers.com/flavors.html

http://www.crownjewelgourmet.com/popcorn_line.html

I might buy a sampler pack of each to see which are the best and than stock up the pantry.

Microwave popcorn just isn't the same... I figure since I've put so much money and effort into a high scale home theatre, I can't skimp out on the snacks!

:)

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
Marco, I have to tell you: Right after I posted this dumb thread about my popcorn experience, of all things, I then saw your SECOND THREAD in as many days about horrible things happening to you. And I felt like a dolt for being like, "Lookit my popcorn thing," while you were freaking out about serious stuff.

Anyway, I hope things are sort of leveling off for you.

Another friend railed on me for eating microwave popcorn, as well. He also has a pro popper that he says is tremendous and pops every kernel and all that. I'm sure your popcorn is professionally great, I said to him. But, I just don't have time for that. I'm a microwave, take it when I can, popcorn kind of guy.

Small home theater, small popcorn needs, you see?

Keep it in the road, Marco!

MC

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Micah, don't worry about it!

I actually managed to salvage a lot of the DVD's I'd thought were ruined so there only ended up being about 10 or so that actually need to be replaced. Still frustrating considering how careful I normally am in handling them and keeping them in pristine condition but I guess there are more serious things to worry about. :/

Stovetop popcorn actually takes about the same time as microwave popcorn btw. Sure there's a little more involved but it shouldn't take more than 3 minutes tops to enjoy real theatre style popcorn in your HT!

Craig F

Second Unit
Real Name
Craig
Stronger hulls? No thanks, I hate the hulls getting stuck in my teeth way more than unpopped kernels. I would vote for hull-less popcorn any day (it does exist.)

Norman Matthews

Second Unit
Marco, I'm curious how you like the Cabela's stovetop popper. Most stovetop poppers I've looked into are prone to complaints about durability and construction. How sturdy is it? Would you recommend a purchase?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Matt Gordon

Supporting Actor
3 words for a superior popcorn experience:

White

Cheddar

Cheese

htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member

Sorry Norm,

I haven't officially moved into my condo yet, another couple of weeks so I haven't had a chance to use it yet.

The minute I make popcorn though, I'll let you know. ;)

Craig F

Second Unit
Real Name
Craig
When I was was a kid, we grew it in our garden. I've never seen it in the greocery store (unfortuantely).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks