What's new

A Sneak Peek at The Blue Max (1 Viewer)

mike--

Stunt Coordinator
EddieLarkin said:
The sound track on the disc is 5.1, so there obviously is surround activity. The isolated score is 2.0; if you're getting surround from that it's because you're using Pro-Logic, and so most stereo effects are being duplicated in your surrounds. The 5.1 track will probably only have surround activity for a few effects here and there; the music will stay up front, as it was on theatrical release.
I figured this was much like the same kind of mix similar to The Guns of Navarone, which has only 3 instances of sound effects--no music coming from the surround speakers. But on The Blue Max, there is nothing in the surround speakers what soever--not even any sound effects. i am wondering if the disc is defective?

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
mike-- said:
I figured this was much like the same kind of mix similar to The Guns of Navarone, which has only 3 instances of sound effects--no music coming from the surround speakers. But on The Blue Max, there is nothing in the surround speakers what soever--not even any sound effects. i am wondering if the disc is defective?
There was never much, if any, surround activity on films of that era.

ventoux3

Auditioning
Real Name
Russell
I've just received my TT copy having bought the German blu previously which was underwhelming. Not had chance to check the new release out yet but most reviews are very positive. Nice to see they're using the original poster artwork though I always have a laugh when i see it. The pilot on the cover, presumably Stachel is so involved in the dogfight that he's failed to notice his plane has lost it's upper wings. There's nothing like artistic licence is there.
Incidentally also picked up Thunderbolt and Lightfoot at the same time which looked and sounded great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks