1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

A question for Mr. Belston or Mr Finn

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by trajan, Aug 16, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Stephen PI

Stephen PI Well-Known Member

Is there any chance in the future, despite it being in public domain, that we will ever get a new transfer of "Beneath the Twelve-Mile Reef" along with the original 4.0 soundtrack? Also all the other Herrmann scored films such as "King of the Khyber Rifles", "Prince of Players", "White Witch Doctor", "Five Fingers" etc. etc.

2. RobertSiegel

RobertSiegel Well-Known Member
    Reviewer

Finn, I believe someone earlier mentioned it, but we saw on Amazon foreign sites (U.K. for one) a Rodgers and Hammerstein set for Blu-ray featuring all of their Fox films. I didn't see an answer, can you tell us anything about this? It seems to have disappeared from pre-orders in those countries, and secondly, is there any chance you might license Flower Drum Song from Universal (as you did Blazing Saddles for the Mel Brooks collection) to complete the Rodgers and Hammerstein collection. It's the only film of theirs not from Fox and Universal seems to have very little interest in their musicals. Thank you . Slso hoping to see Star! and Doctor Dolittle but am very excited about Hello Dolly!

3. trajan

trajan Well-Known Member

How about ALL THAT JAZZ

4. dana martin

dana martin Well-Known Member

Dana Martin
    Mr. Finn, what an amazing list of wonderful titles this thread has, and the few mentioned as on there way has me waiting to see Laura all over again, so in the mystery area, with all the great work Fox did a few years ago is there the slightest possibility that we may seethe "Chan's" in HD between Fox and MGM that is one hell of a big box to work with i know, but such a great screen presence, also as someone else mentioned Hitchcock's Lifeboat would be a welcomed treat.
    Now for the big question, a few years back the large Fox Box, Cavalcade was released and as far as i know it's the only Best Picture on disc that hasn't got a single release (You have to buy the big box) is there a chance that this will get a standalone release? thank you for you time, we all appreciative that some in the industry do cater to us enthusiast.

5. Guest

Lifeboat would be welcome , its overseas - so why not have a Blu Ray here
    And what about Hand of Death and SpaceMaster X7 - can you guys release these sci fi classics ? Dont let them die in the vaults ! :)
    Maybe even release the Fly Trilogy in Blu Ray but keep all the extras and the box the same, just in a Blu Ray format ?

6. cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC Premium
    Supporter

Luis
    +1 for Walter Hill's THE DRIVER. The film has obviously inspired the directors behind several recent films, including DRIVE ANGRY, FASTER (with Dwayne Johnson's character being called "Driver") and, most recently, DRIVE with Ryan Gosling. You could also call Hill's film a "precursor" to the Fast and the Furious movies. And there's a new Walter Hill film coming up, isn't there? .

7. John Doe

John Doe Well-Known Member

aki jebivetar
    Yep.A movie called "Bullet to the Head".I hope that THE DRIVER will get a "Filmmaker's Signature Series" release at some point.Btw, it's set to be released on a Blu-ray in Japan,later this year .Therefore,i assume that Fox hold a 1080p master for this flick.

8. Dick

Dick Well-Known Member

Rick
    Yes, I did, and I will go back and correct this foot-in-mouth post immediately. Thanks.

9. RetroGuy

RetroGuy Active Member

David Edwards
    Extremely excited about Hello Dolly! Also looking forward to Laura. :)

10. adklz

adklz Active Member

There are so many Fox titles I'm interested in it's hard to narrow it down to just a few, but these are the ones that immediately came to mind:
    1) Like several others I'm very curious about the Rogers and Hammerstein films and will they be in a box or released individually?
    2) When will there be an official N. American release of Cleopatra and will it be the same version already in release or will the color be corrected?
    3) All That Jazz
    4) The Ghost and Mrs. Muir

11. shoeshineboy

shoeshineboy Well-Known Member

dan olson
    First, thanks for being so accessible and open to our questions.
    I'm wondering, since it was such a success both to fans and Fox fiscally, is there any plans for BR version for films from the 2 Tyrone Power collections? How about Nightmare Alley?
    Thanks!

12. trajan

trajan Well-Known Member

Will the entr' acte music placment be fixed for the North American release of CLEOPATRA?

13. GMpasqua

GMpasqua Well-Known Member

Greg
    Hoping "Working Girl" and "9 to 5" find their way to blu-ray - two of Fox's biggest hits of the 80's

14. BBbrowd

BBbrowd Well-Known Member

Chris
    I'll second that! So many of us have been wishing for "Hello, Dolly!" on blu-ray.
    Just watched the DVD again this past weekend. The sound on it is so poor. Crossing my fingers for an impressive and improved BD release! Thank you for the news, Mr. Finn!

15. MLamarre

MLamarre Well-Known Member

Matthew Lamarre
    A Blu-ray 3D release of Inferno would be great.

16. JamesNelson

JamesNelson Well-Known Member

Seconded. :tu:

17. Jon Lidolt

Jon Lidolt Well-Known Member

I want one too.

18. Virgoan

Virgoan Well-Known Member

Ron Pulliam
    I second Mr. Siegel's query.

19. Jon Hertzberg

Jon Hertzberg Well-Known Member

Jonathan
    There is a very nice, new 35mm print of THE DRIVER that has been making the repertory rounds the last year or so. Had the good pleasure to see it twice, once with Dave Kehr introducing and once with Walter Hill and Frank Marshall on hand for intro and q & a. We know that one does not automatically lead to the other, but it would seem like a good possibility that a DRIVER blu-ray will be coming Stateside at some point, hopefully soon.

20. Jon Hertzberg

Jon Hertzberg Well-Known Member

Jonathan
    Yes, please. :) Been lucky enough to see this screened twice on 35mm and 3D over the years.