What's new

A Perfect Circle (1 Viewer)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I like it just fine without headphones :), but it sounds great with them as well. A good 2ch system should sound like you are wearing headphones :D I like to feel the rumble from The Package and Lullaby

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
This CD is seriously altering the way I live my life. Whenever I find myself in a position where I cannot listen to it, I start thinking about when I will be able to. I think in 5 days of ownership, I have listened to "Gravity" about 150 times easy...that song is mesmerizing. I am also digging "vanishing" and "The Outsider"...if this really is a concept album (as suggested above), I will consider it a landmark album. At least that would explain why "The Nurse Who Loved Me" is in the middle of the album as opposed to the end.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
Ok. I finally broke down and bought the cd. After 4 or 5 runs through it... I'm just not into it. Sorry guys :frowning:

Todd Smigelski

Stunt Coordinator
This is one of those albums where you hope they play every song on their new album on tour.

...even if they have to eliminate some Mer de Noms tunes.

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
Damn, that's good info! Hope they play something other than Weak and Powerless though, Gravity would be cool.

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
Thanks Mike for the heads up. I had to go check the calender to make sure it was still 3/15 because I don't want to miss it. I don't really care what they play. I 'm just looking forward to seeing them live. I got tickets for their 4/30 Worcester showand I can't wait. I saw them w/NIN before Mer De Noms was released but didn't know any of their songs besides "Judith". My two favorite tracks from The Thirteenth Step are "Vanshing" and "The Package". Nothing gets the SVS going like the opening to The Package.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I didn't tape it, (or Tivo it as I do not have Tivo) but I was right...they played "the Outsider" and it rocked. The funniest thing was seeing Ben Afflect shaking the hands of Billy Howerdel and Maynard, as if he had one iota of interest in APC.

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
Evan,
I was thinking the exact same thing, Maynard and Affleck shaking hands? I also got a kick out of Maynard's "I love Brad Wilk" shirt. 4/30 can't come soon enough.

StevenW

Second Unit
For those of you who don't understand the Brad Wilk shirt, here it is...

During APC's performance in Lollapalooza here in the Seattle area, they were about to start playing...either Thomas or Thinking of You, I forgot which song...

Anyway, Maynard started calling out members of the other bands out onto the stage to do the song with him. He called Brad Wilk (Audioslave drummer) out, but Brad refused, and Maynard replied by saying, "You f'n' puzzy." Brad still wouldn't come out, so Maynuhrd then said into the microphone, "Alright, on three, everyone shout, 'Brad Wilk is a puzzy.' One, two, three." Of course, the audience complied. I don't remember if Brad actually came out at that point, but I seem to recall him doing so.

Later on in the show when Audioslave was on, Brad Wilk's drumset was facing away from the audience and he was surrounded by mirrors. On his back were the words "I (Heart) Maynard."

So the Tonight Show shirt was obviously an inside joke. I was rolling on the floor laughing when I saw it, cuz I happened to understand it. ;P

Juan Castillo

Second Unit
I see... Good to know they are not at odds.. two of my all time favorite bands..Well, I guess AudioSlave is up there too..

Hate to do this, but.....

Anyone know what Zack De La Rocha is up to? I heard something about him and Trent Reznor working something up, but nothing has surfaced.?

BTW.. APC Ownz

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
Juan,
On 4/30 I have reserved seats to A Perfect Circle in Worcester. I can't think of a better way to enjoy a friday evening. Last I heard, Zack was working a hip hop album with a bunch of different producers. As much as I liked Rage, I think their act got old. I like Audioslave as a unit because Chris Cornell can sing his ass off and Tim, Brad and Tom. I think the latter three were held back a little musically by Rage.

Gregory E

Second Unit
I haven't read this whole thread. But I saw APC the other night and Maynard mentioned the DVD single for The Outsider will be released May 4.

:emoji_thumbsup:

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
I saw them last night and they were fantastic! Maynard said they were releasing the DVD single for The Outsider because MTV refused to air it. Last night's performance was one of the tightest and best sounding I've heard in a long time. Off the top of my head, they played:

Vanishing
The Outsider
Weak and Powerless
The Nurse Who Loved Me
Pet
Blue
The Package
A Stranger
The Noose

The Hollow
Judith
Thinking of You
3 Libras
Magdalena
Orestes
Thomas

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks