What's new

A Perfect Circle (1 Viewer)

The Void

Agent
Real Name
Jason
If you like the track The Nurse Who Loved Me and haven't heard the original version of that song (it is a cover song). Then check out the band Failure who originally did The Nurse Who Loved Me. That song is off their Fantastic Planet album. It is a great and often overlooked album.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
If you like the track The Nurse Who Loved Me and haven't heard the original version of that song (it is a cover song). Then check out the band Failure who originally did The Nurse Who Loved Me. That song is off their Fantastic Planet album. It is a great and often overlooked album.
Something about the song seems really familiar to me so maybe I have heard the original. Still dont like the song, its just too long and in a bad spot on the album. It would work better as a short 1-2 minute interlude or as an album closer but as track number 9 and 4:00 it stops the album dead.

Matty P

Stunt Coordinator
I was just about to mention the fact that "Nurse" is a cover song but Jason beat me to it! Fantastic Planet is indeed a great album....

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
As Broadman has said, there is great music out there. Sometimes you have to search for it, tho. I've built my collection through fans of bands I liked at the time, and made connections that way that grew to a huge music collection that boggles the mind. :)

I was actually kinda disappointed in the first APC album, probably because I was wishing it was a new Tool album at the time. Because of all the good word here, I'll give them another chance...

Jason

Dan Stone

Stunt Coordinator
Mark,

Something else you might try for exposure to a variety of bands is listening to some of the soundtrack albums, such as Dracula 2000 or Resident Evil. It's a nice way to have a common theme (dark music/dark lyrics) with varied and different musical interpretations. I know I've discovered many new groups this way.

Dan

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
okay, now i'm really curious about this album.

my friend (whose judgment i trust) said he doesn't plan on listening to anything else for the next month ... or something like that.

do they have a website or somewhere that i can hear the complete tracks?

Todd Smigelski

Stunt Coordinator
The best I can do for you to hear "pet". (Which you'll love)is http://www.aperfectcircle.com/ ...

go to - Music section > Listen > radio interview > part #1 > scroll to 11 minutes of interview for the "pet".

btw, the whole 4 part interview has other songs from the new album scattered throughout.

BobSmith

Agent
This album is fantastic. Makes me want new Nine Inch Nails and Tool soon. It is weird how some of the best current bands in alternative rock are interconnected: Nine Inch Nails, Tool, Marilyn Manson, and A Perfect Circle. The only thing left to hear is the melting pot of these artists known as TAPEWORM.

Todd Smigelski

Stunt Coordinator
TapeWorm. Ahh the Danny Lohner / Maynard project. Yes Danny actually helped on this APC album too.

I heard and still have a live tapeworm song that Maynard covered that I found way back during the Napster days.

BobSmith

Agent
No, Tapeworm is also Trent, the pantera and helmet guys, the other nin guys, the 12 rounds guy and many others. I think it started becouse Nine Inch Nails was Trents baby and the other guys wanted to contribute so they made something where they all could do whatever they want.

Todd Smigelski

Stunt Coordinator
Hey btw, what's with Maynard's fascination with (tape)worms & banana slugs (apc cover) and such? Funny.

WOw bob, give me some tapeworm. I know pantera & helmet too

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I was actually kinda disappointed in the first APC album, probably because I was wishing it was a new Tool album at the time.
That's actually why I like A Perfect Circle so much. No one else could do what Tool does, so they're doing something else. I think it's smart and respectful of Maynard to explore this type of music outside of Tool, allowing him to fulfill his artistic desires and not sabotage Tool in the process.

Many other rock stars could learn from his examples.

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
Great album. I thought I would miss Paz as well and I do. What a shame that she left for that crap Zwan. That being said, I still love the album and it was worth the hype leading up to it. Now, I can be entertained while waiting for the next Tool and Audioslave albums.

Todd Smigelski

Stunt Coordinator
After a few listens now, this cd is turning into something really incredible.

It makes some of the stuff out there right now really sound like crap.

Got to hand it to Maynard. To jump between both TOOL & APC and put out new, unique & creative stuff everytime really says alot. edit: Maynard had final say as to what would and would not be with this album.

To put it in more perspective, most bands struggle with a sophmore effort of any substance.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
To put it in more perspective, most bands struggle with a sophmore effort of any substance.
True, but the better bands surpass their earlier efforts as they become more knowledgable and learn from experience.

Though Tool and A Perfect Circle take a while to put together albums, it says something about them that they care so much to make it as strong as possible with both great songs and great albums (two different things).

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
Though Tool and A Perfect Circle take a while to put together albums, it says something about them that they care so much to make it as strong as possible with both great songs and great albums (two different things).
Mike, I couldn't agree with you more. No filler on those albums.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks