What's new

"A Nightmare On Elm Street" InfiniFilm DVD coming (1 Viewer)

MikeWill

Auditioning
Real Name
MikeWill

Just got home with my copy and nope there's no DTS track to be found :frowning:

Esten

Supporting Actor
The DTS track is there in the setup options. DTS-ES 6.1 Discrete

Oops, nevermind. Mine's not canadian.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

For the first time in a LONG time, I didn't have any problem with the price sticker or the one from New Line about remastered video and sound. Came off incredibly easy and didn't leave any residue behind.

Voranand

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
voranand vivorakij

Jack, What version you're talking about? I've read that NoES's Infinifilm edition has a new modernized color timing. So if the version is truer to the color timing of the film I watched long time ago, I'm gonna order it instead.

Voranand

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
voranand vivorakij

Since the transfer of the infinifilm's version is new, I guess it will be with us for a while. What I'm afraid of is the old transfer (which Haitkin approved) will never see the light of day again.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Do what i did then , own a copy of the infinifilm and dont get rid of the older version, if youre afraid that transfer wont ever resurface.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
You do realize you are missing out on some great alternate and deleted scenes, and tons of other stuff this edition has right ?

Voranand

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
voranand vivorakij

Yes. That's not important right now. For now I just want to see the film itself the way I have seen it before.
I will miss director's commentary though. But that, too, can wait.

Jack Johnson

Second Unit

The original release from Newline's definintely a keeper; hang on to it like you hang on to the supervised transfer of Halloween (not the Divimax edition with botched color timing).

To my eyes, the re-jiggered timing on the Infinifilm is as dramatic a change, as significant a distortion of the original look of the film.

Voranand

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
voranand vivorakij

They tint some scenes differnetly and look like contrast level get boosted too much from the screencap. Overall it look like a modernized version. Not sure how much I can trust screencap though so I plan to buy Infinifilm edition also but will get original first 'cause I don't think they'll use the old transfer anymore.
Now just can't order from Amazon. it's out of stock. All the buyers won't ship to my country. :frowning:

Esten

Supporting Actor
As I've said before, get the Infinifilm for the extras, not for film presentation. They messed that up BIG time in my eyes.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Voranand, youre in luck ! If youre looking for the old nightmare 1 dvd, its in stock brand new at play usa! They ship to almost anywhere in the world !

Voranand

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
voranand vivorakij

I believe it's a case of too much button at your hand. You're bound to use it eventually. :)
Just saw Warner's Bullitt and the transfer is extraordinary. Warner is the one who know something about original look of filmstocks. Bravo to them!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks