What's new

A new Samsung S6 Edge or iPhone 6S? (1 Viewer)

Ellisa

Auditioning
Real Name
Smith
My old Samsung galaxy S5 doesn't works well. The camera can't take photos any more. I don't know what's wrong with it. And I set again under the user manual, but still don't work. Can anybody give me some advice?

If it can't be repaired, I am going to buy a new phone. So how about iPhone 6s and Samsung galaxy s6 edge? If anybody has used one of them, please give me some suggestion.

I know little about mobile phones. If you are an expert, please compare the two phones and help me choose a most suitable one.

[email protected]

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
If you can hold out a bit, the S7 phones are suppose to be unveiled next month. I'm waiting to purchase the new S7 edge plus for 2 reasons....best looking phone with the latest features no doubt and Samsung pay because it works every place right now.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
It's a toss-up between Samsung and Apple phones.

Everybody has their favorites and you won't get much agreement on which is better.

My preference is towards iPhone, but I must admit that I love Android.

Apple Pay is available in many places as well, so you'll be okay mobile payment wise with either phone.

Let us know how you make out -- and welcome to the forum!

[email protected]

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Ronald Epstein said:
It's a toss-up between Samsung and Apple phones.

Everybody has their favorites and you won't get much agreement on which is better.

My preference is towards iPhone, but I must admit that I love Android.

Apple Pay is available in many places as well, so you'll be okay mobile payment wise with either phone.

Let us know how you make out -- and welcome to the forum!

I wonder if this is different depending on what part of the country you are in or what stores you frequent? I know in my area, Sears, Walmart, HyVee, Applebee's, JCPenny, Herbergers, Menards, and various other retail and restaurants I go to all do not except NFC (Apple-Android pay) . I'm thinking Iv'e been told McDonald's and maybe Walgreen's does but I have never gone in to find out. Samsung pay will work at all of those though. Maybe my part of the country is just behind the times?

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
McDonalds and Walgreens both accept NFC payments. Walmart is whipping up their own ill-conceived QR-based payment system only available in their app. Most of the NFC payment locations I have seen are for either Coke machines or businesses I never shop from.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
All the new smartphones are great. Since you're used to android-based Samsung phones, I suggest staying with that. Less to change, don't have to buy new apps, etc.

But if you want a change, or if you use a Mac for your home computer, the iPhone 6s is great.

Ellisa

Auditioning
Real Name
Smith
DaveF said:
All the new smartphones are great. Since you're used to android-based Samsung phones, I suggest staying with that. Less to change, don't have to buy new apps, etc.

But if you want a change, or if you use a Mac for your home computer, the iPhone 6s is great.
Thanks. I love android.

Ellisa

Auditioning
Real Name
Smith
If you can hold out a bit, the S7 phones are suppose to be unveiled next month. I'm waiting to purchase the new S7 edge plus for 2 reasons....best looking phone with the latest features no doubt and Samsung pay because it works every place right now.
Sounds great! Thanks for your advice. Maybe I'll try the S7 edge plus.

[email protected]

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Pre-ordered the S7 Edge today. Still wish it had a removable battery but, water resistant, wireless charging, SD card slot, along with a free VR headset with $150 worth of games makes it well worth it. Samsung pay to boot....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks