1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

A new look ....

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Michael Hartwig, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Michael Hartwig

Michael Hartwig Stunt Coordinator

For all you diy'ers out there. To me, the beauty of the diy route is you have a lot of control. So let the ideas flow. I made these for my brother-in-law. He wants to finish them. I usually like to do that process myself, it can make or break the final look. He's pretty competent guy so I feel confident the end result will suit the look I invision.
    So without further ado; here is my concept. For the speakers I'm using Peerless drivers with the cross-overs designed by Ed Frias. Thx Ed for the great sound.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. PaulT

PaulT Supporting Actor

Michael - very nice lines, I'm very impressed by the stands and how they integrate into the speakers. You have an excellent eye for detail !

3. Eric M Jones

Eric M Jones Second Unit

Very Nice! What species of wood are they? hard to tell from the picture.

-EJ

4. Michael Hartwig

Michael Hartwig Stunt Coordinator

The woods used are Red Oak on the body cabinets (3/4 MDF with 1/4" oak veneered plywood) and the stands and trim (for the 45 deg. chamfer) are from solid mahogany.

I like working with mahogany. Shapes very well. I use it quite a bit in my furniture builds.

5. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

Very nice. Has a "high end" audio feel to it and the wood craftsmanship looks like the work of a hired professional.

I do like the look of solid wood edges. My friend and I built a pair of Jordan JX92s bookshelfs that were made of aluminum laminated MDF and our client wanted 1/4" solid maple edges that turned out awsome. I wish I had more pics of our stuff...

For some reason I like metal and acrylic along with maple.

The Mahogany is nice. Are you going to put a stain or finish on it? Or just a sanding sealer and clear coat?

6. dave alan

dave alan Second Unit

Outstanding work! Great design, great execution. Congrats on a job well done and a huge tip 'o the hat.[​IMG]

Bosso