What's new

A new Best Buy Preferred Customer Weekend (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Deborah, yep I'm pretty miffed that the only offer I got was pretty pathetic: get 3 bonus $5 coupons...IF YOU SPEND $200 while renewing! (so $209.99 minimum)

In addition, any purchases made with RZ certs *does not count*! So I was even thinking: well I've got $65 heading my way, so this is really only $135 to spend...d'oh! just read the fine print! :thumbsdown:

I agree on your two stumbling blocks: the first is the register, the second is whether or not the RZ home base actually ships you those two coupons.

I guess there's no harm in trying though. Even if I don't buy a laptop I would have ended up getting about $80 in certs so it really does make sense for me to renew. And if some other big ticket item is up for next year then it's even more worth it for me...

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

That's just typical Best Buy no-rhyme-no-reason modus operandi. :rolleyes

Dick White

Stunt Coordinator
I had $105 in certificates as of June 4. My wife, who got her card free last year, had a lot more than I did and surely exceeded $125. Neither of us got the coupon e-mail. So I don't think it was based upon how much you spent. I didn't get the three additional months offer either. Another BB preferred customer mystery. :confused:

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Well, at least you didn't get that insulting invitation to spend $200 that Carlo got! I guess Mike and Malcolm are correct -- there is just no rhyme or reason to any of this.

And I usually get those "Preferred Customer" weekend coupons in the mail and this time I got nothing. I sure could use some, too, as I need to buy a new television for my mom. :angry:

Deborah

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock

Me, too. I've gotten the coupons for every preferrer customer weekend. And no coupons this time! I was gonna get a fridge, too. Guess I'll be off to Sears, instead, when they have 10% off Aug 15...

MarkDude

Stunt Coordinator
I've spent enough money to earn $225 in RZ certificates during my year with the RZ program. I hope I get a coupon like this (I'm not due for renewal until 10/31/04).

--Mark--

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Unfortunately, there is a separate 10% coupon for Movies, Music, Games, and Computer Software. I haven't found a link to that one yet. Just to the one for 10% off any single item. :frowning:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

If your bb won't give you 10% off a single DVD (or set) with this coupon, then............

oh forget it.

Unfortunately, they might not and I was going to make a joke about throwing a tantrum and talking to the manager...but I don't have the energy to even think those thoughts anymore. They just don't understand the concept of customer appreciation...no matter what they call these stupid weekend coupons.

Eric: obviously, good business sense would mean they should give you 10% off a DVD if you take the time and effort to enter their store, make a selection, and then determine to do them the honor of spending your hard-earned dollars in their store. But, based on what is reported here over and over...many times they won't.

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Thanks, Andrea! (I hope Mike doesn't mind sharing his hugs.:D )

And Mike, thanks for the link to your Best Buy saga. I actually followed your quest for preferred customer status for many months.

Deborah

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Well, playing Devil's...er, Best Buy advocate here, the coupon does not list video software as one of the items to take 10% off.

Anyone tried renewing with Andrea's coupon yet? I may try it tomorrow. If you hear on the news tomorrow night about violence and mayhem at the Williston, Vermont, Best Buy you'll know they turned me down. :angry: :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

A classic cliffhanger! I almost expect to see Pauline tied to the railroad tracks...or Ming the Merciless have Flash Gordon backed against the wall. I can't wait to see if Malcolm the Mighty defeats the Blue Shirt Brigade! :D

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I renewed my RZ membership Friday evening with Andrea's coupon. No problems at all. You should have a violence-free Saturday, Malcolm. ;)

Andrea - thanks so much for posting the coupon!! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Dick White

Stunt Coordinator
OK, now they've added insult to injury. Yesterday, I got three $10 RZ certificates in one envelope, making my total to date $135 (lots of points from a portable DVD player kicked in). Today, on my 65th birthday, they finally sent the offer (in the mail)for 25,000 bonus points, good from 7/7 to 8/4 (I renewed on June 30). Similar wording to Andrea's, but it also said "If you've recently renewed, thank you for your continued business." I didn't need this on top of all the harassment about my senior citizen status. :angry: :angry: :angry: (I'm not really that angry, but because of my normal pleasant disposition, I never get a chance to use that redfaced "smily". Thought I'd take this opportunity.)

My wife, who has now hit $200 in certificates, still has no offer, but at least maybe she can use my coupon. Today she got a flyer with 10% off coupons for NEXT weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks