What's new

a movie only talk show on the radio every week (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Guys,
Starting early next year I'll be hosting a weekly movie talk show that's online ONLY! :) It'll be two hours long, every Thursday night from 11 - 1 (eastern). I'll stop back with more info soon, and I hope some of you will call in and say HI!

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Tony, I've listened to Mr. Movie on and off for at least 20 years also. I'm 38 now and I remember listening to him when I was a teenager. I've never called in but always enjoyed listening to him. I wish he had better hours though, many times I forget he's on.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Somebody noticed! :D
Still a fan of the HTF, obviously, but I've been real busy with work all over the intranets.
Good to see you fellas again. I'll be around a little more often.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i cant believe i opened this over 6 years ago.
anyway Steve is still on the air.
now his hours are midight 'till 2 am sat nights.
I'm sure he'll discuss the loss of sydney Pollack andHarvey Korman.
WPHTAM

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
His show has been demoted to 1 hour now.
from midnight to 1 am.
the second hour is now an info mercial.
I miss the old days.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Sad news today. I just heard on 1210 am that Steve Freidman passed away. He had been battling kidney failure for several years. I enjoyed listening to him over the years, such a great guy. I'll miss you, Steve!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Originally Posted by TonyD /forum/thread/44898/a-movie-only-talk-show-on-the-radio-every-week#post_2336740
well just popping this up again.
for anyone who listens maybe you should before you cant ANymore.
steve apparently has something seriously wrong with his kidneys.
they are failing and he is on dialysis.
about 9 weeks ago his show was in rerun for 4 weeks in a row.
then when he came back on he explained his problem but without much detail.
he clearly is on medication as you can hear it in his voice during the show.
this is just terribly sad.
i've been listening to him for a better part of the last 20 years.
turn on his show and listen, you'll enjoy his love for movies.
Well, i'm truly without anythg to say.
I only found out from Bob 's previous post, today as my email notices aparently were turned off for this topic.
this will take time for me to accept.
He ended evvery show by telling us to hug someone you love before it's too late.

Thomas J.

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the news about Steve's passing. Sad to hear it, but I have a lot of great memories of his show. I listened to it religiously from about 1998 - 2005. As I moved away from the area and his hours got later and later, I listened to it less frequently. And for the past handful of years, I almost never listened to it due to his graveyard shift.

I didn't know he had health problems. He was good at not focusing on himself too much and really did seem to be a humble guy. His show was dependent upon the strength of his callers -- if he had a strong caller on the other end of the line, the conversation usually was fascinating. Other times, it would sort of stay "on the surface" if the caller obviously wasn't as well versed in film trivia as Steve. You could tell Steve would treat callers with whom he disagreed with kid gloves (I mean that in a good way); he never sacrificed his personal dignity for crassness in this very crass age.

I also will maintain fond memories of Steve since his show was so unique. The only other radio show of its type that I've ever come across is one on WABC on Sunday afternoons earlier this decade. I forget the host's name, but it was short-lived. Now there's nobody left :(

R.I.P. Steve. You will be missed but forever appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks