What's new

A little venting about the g/f... (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Sometimes I really do wish there was some sort of "age designation" that would clue us in when many of us respond to younger members here. I'd be happy with an under-18 and over-18 designation, to be truthful (though I know it's totally impossible to do properly age verification over the internet).

It would allow us "old goats" to "tailor fit" the responses to a situation. Now knowing that someone is in high school definitely shines a light on their life experiences and understanding of the ways of the world, versus "the rest of us" who are older and been exposed to more things (I'm not saying we're wiser, but just have come across more situations where the "book" answer doesn't serve the situation at all.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
DELETED. Don't want anyone I know reading this since I am using my real name.
I didn't see what you originally posted, David, and my comment isn't aimed at you, it's just a general one - that the management of the HTF does a great service to its readers by enforcing the rule of 'real names' - you ARE responsible for what you post. I like this a lot.

The internet would be a better place if people thought of the consequences before they posted stuff - as you just did, David, and I'm impressed you had the judgement to do so.

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
OK, I gotta jump back in here. Just can't stay out of the fire. :D
Result: I get women I never would've dreamed of before.
Yes, that's true - you do. Let's face the facts, here: Men who treat women poorly are often surrounded by beautiful women. Now, do you want to know why? Well, I'll tell you why!
These women are not stupid, as the quote above claims. Women who stay in abusive relationships, or are just plain attracted to jerks, are that way for a reason. Most of them have been mentally abused all their lives, especially as children. Many have been physically abused. Many, sexually. Others grew up without a father. Contrary to the feminist way of thinking, children need fathers, especially little girls. Those that grow up without a proper father figure in their lives have extreme difficulty in relationships. All have scars they will carry to their grave.
By treating women poorly, not only are you attracting unstable, self conscious, abused women with a low self esteem, you are doing further damage to them. Mental damage is worse than physical damage, and every time you treat a woman like dirt, you're putting one more nail in the coffin that is her soul. Is that what you want? To perpetuate such a horrible cycle upon the women of this earth? The women who, by all accounts, are a superior species? (Sorry guys, but no man can hold a candle to the women I know - they are amazing creatures)
I've got one for you: Stick to being one of the good guys. Because, eventually, most abused women see the light. Eventually, they are able to overcome what they have been through, but they often need help to do so. Do you want to help, or do you want to harm? It's true, these women will shy away from you if you're a nice guy. They don't know how to be with a nice guy. They don't think they deserve any sort of special attention. So they shy away until their self esteem improves.
I think it's horrible - human beings, especially women, hating themselves so much that they honestly feel they are not WORTHY of having a door opened for them. Not WORTHY of a return phone call. Not WORTHY of being loved.
So, which life to you want to live in?
What kind of a person do you want to be?
How would you like to be treated if you were in that situation?
Think about it.

Tommy G

Screenwriter
OK, now for my $.02. Welcome (if you will) to the wonderful world of unconditional love. No matter what, at some point you will be let down by the one you love. This will not happen just once but many many times. I think the thing to keep in mind is that if you truly do love your wife/girlfriend, then these things can just be taken in stride. Don't let it get to you. Make sure you share your feelings, but don't do it out of anger thus starting a fight which will do more damage than not sharing at all. I found that as soon as I started doing this, my wife realizes on her own what she did wrong and apologizes and lets me know what's really on her mind. Usually, I am just the person she is taking things out on which is part of the reason why I am her husband. I know this sounds gushy but I am kind of proud to be that person and our marriage is stronger than ever because of it.

Brad_W

Screenwriter
"Drop that zero get wit da hero" -Vanilla Ice
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.