What's new

A Laptop Question (or Two) (1 Viewer)

BarryR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BARRY RIVADUE
This is my updated query in search of a laptop. I do Powerpoint presentations with borrowed library models. I'd like to get one, and I've learned that all I need is something relatively basic. Are there any brands recommended (PC, not Apple) over another?

The other question--is Windows 10 a pain or a good upgrade for Powepoint? I'm very comfortable with Windows 7. Is Windows 10 on a laptop exclusively touchscreen?

Thanks for any suggestions and insight.

Barry

^_^

BarryR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BARRY RIVADUE
Actually I've now switched my attention to Microsoft Surface Pro.

:D

Stan

Senior HTF Member
This is my updated query in search of a laptop. I do Powerpoint presentations with borrowed library models. I'd like to get one, and I've learned that all I need is something relatively basic. Are there any brands recommended (PC, not Apple) over another?

The other question--is Windows 10 a pain or a good upgrade for Powepoint? I'm very comfortable with Windows 7. Is Windows 10 on a laptop exclusively touchscreen?

Thanks for any suggestions and insight.

Barry

^_^
Very late response, just bumped into this thread. Three month old laptop, Windows 10, but not a touchscreen. Just a standard laptop that happens to be running Windows 10.

It's a learning curve, definitely takes some getting used to and I'm still learning. Have Office 2007, one install left, but haven't done it yet. Not a huge Office user, so I'm fine.

As for Windows 10 being a pain, I would say yes, it is. Some of it is what we're all used to, but they've changed a lot of things and it's a nuisance to find them. Supposedly user-friendly, but it's not. And it's a lot more "internet based", rather than having a stand-alone system.

Just minor things like changing to a different Wi-Fi connection, used to be really easy, now it's a hassle.
Definitely don't use IE10 or 11, they suck big time. Go with Firefox, Google Chrome, anything but IE.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks