What's new

A kitchen tv that could display Google Calendar app? (1 Viewer)

Black_Blade

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
As my wife and I were ohhing and ahhing over the various things that our latest smartphones and tablets can do with their various apps, we got to discussing how cool it would be if there was a way to have an app like google calendar displayed in the kitchen where we have one of those big calendars on the fridge with everybodys work schedule, dinners, birthdays etc wrote on it. Some expensive fridges have a little screen on them but I thought having a 24" LED tv mounted in a convenient spot that was capable to have google calander or something similar on it would be perfect. Something that auto updated whenever anybody entered something onto their calandars on their phones or tablets. Even a sticky note app that popped up on the screen of the tv in the kitchen.

I thought I'd drop this idea on here where other home electronics and stuff gets chatted about, to see what others thought of it, or even if there is such a beast already out there on the market. It don't seem to too far of a stretch to be able to do it somehow, since the required technology is here.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
You could do it by having a dedicated Android phone in the kitchen connected to the HDMI input of a TV. Wouldn't have to be on the fridge.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
RobertR said:
You could do it by having a dedicated Android phone in the kitchen connected to the HDMI input of a TV. Wouldn't have to be on the fridge.
I was thinking along the same lines, but by using a tablet with just wi-fi, say a Nexus 7 or 10.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Al.Anderson said:
I was thinking along the same lines, but by using a tablet with just wi-fi, say a Nexus 7 or 10.
That would work. I suggested the TV because it sounded like he wanted a bigger screen.

Black_Blade

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
Thanks for the replies, so basically have a simple android smartphone (old model we've since upgraded to something else), have it sit in a bracket beside a wall mounted tv--connected via the usb or whatnot with the google calander app on. Then just turn tv screen on and off as needed. Be a good way to pull up cooking recipes as well since wife likes using online recipes.com I think it is...you'd be using the phone sort of like a tv controller to switch apps rather than channels..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks