What's new

A.I. and Toshiba 2800 (1 Viewer)

muskie

Agent
I finally got around to renting this and in the 15th Chapter at approximately 58:38 into the movie it stutters then freezes. I can force it forward a few more seconds but then it won't go no more. I can switch ahead a chapter.

This is a rental DVD and this is the first time I've experienced any problems with my player. It is pretty new, less then a year old and not overly used. I searched the forum but could not find anything.

Anyone else have problems with this DVD or this player?

Thanks in advance,

Muskie

Dave Gilbert

Second Unit
It's probably just a scratch on the DVD itself. I wouldn't be surprised considering it's a rental. I have run into this same behaviour (I have a 2800 also) a couple of times, always on DVDs that had seen better days.

JimmyK

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
I suspect it's a scratch or something on the disc.

I purchased A.I. when it was released and have had no problems on my Tosh SD6200.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Surely it's the disc. I have a 2800 in my bedroom setup and one thing I really like about it is that it handles anything you throw at it.

muskie

Agent
I guess that is it. I checked and both the feature and extras disk have numerous scratches.

I had to miss whole scenes because of this so it was annoying.

Cheers,

Muskie

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
When you take it back to the rental store, you should request a refund or a free rental. The rental stores cannot assume everyone has a disc cleaner at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks