What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Warner Bros. Home Video & The WB Archive Collection -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Billy Batson said:
If only RKO had taken more care of their masters. I can still remember the first time I saw The Hunchback Of Notre Dame on the telly in the late 50's,
I would love a blu ray high definition release of The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Whats the situation with that one, who owns the rights and are the original negatives still around and if not what do they have available from which to create an HD master, which label in Europe and the USA would own the home video rights to it. ?

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Currently in the UK "Hunchback" is being handled by the Odeon label. http://www.odeonent.co.uk/product/the-hunchback-of-notre-dame-1939

20582.jpg

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
In the UK all RKO films were released on DVD by Universal, they never looked that great, so I used to import the Warner releases. Maybe Warner only had the American rights, but they had all the elements as their releases always looked a lot better than the Universal ones.

raphdude

Stunt Coordinator
I would love Warner to release Paramount's Mommie Dearest with Faye Dunaway on blu-ray. It badly needs a remastering or restoration. The current extras with John Waters' Commentary would carry over very well!

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
So the best hope for a blu of Hunchback lies with Warner, well they haven't put Scaramouche out yet so i'm not holding my breath.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
bujaki said:
This will be one of the most eagerly expected releases of next or any other year! At last! I've seen it twice in 35mm and urge everyone with any interest in 3D to get this without hesitation.
RAH, thanks for the hint. It made my day.
Before release, I'll ask that you send shipping info directly to WB, so that you can receive.

RAH

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Stephen_J_H said:
Will Kiss Me Kate be Warner Archive, or a regular release?

KMK will be a Warner Home Video release.

For another copy, would anyone like to chime in on the aspect ratio?

EddieLarkin

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nick
Wow, I've never won a Blu-ray before. Thanks Mr. Harris! Nice to see Stephen didn't lose out. I guess you could say that one of us guessed the left eye AR and the other the right eye! Btw, if WB have a problem sending out a disc all the way to the UK then it's no worry; it's the taking part that counts!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks