What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Time Bandits (Region B) -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Oblivion138

Second Unit
Real Name
James O'Blivion
So glad Criterion released this Stateside, from the same master used on the UK release. The original US release was a travesty of the highest order.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
So Robert, how would you compare the Region B version with the new Criterion version just released. Haven't watched it yet but its next on my list when I get home.

TimeBandits_Blu-Criterion.jpg

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I watched "Time Bandits" with my brother at the local cinema when it was released. I didn't care for it, but I was only 8 when I saw it.
I had some gift cards from Christmas, so I picked up the Criterion release for free. The picture is just beautiful, but as an adult I haven't gained one bit of appreciation for the film itself. Oh well, my other purchase was the dvd "It Happened To Jane" with Doris Day. Looks fantastic up converted. A great film.

Tama

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tama
Obviously I'm not RAH

However the Criterion release uses the same master that was created and prepared for Arrows release. CC licensed out their master so overall in motion they should look identical. :)

Kyrsten Brad said:
So Robert, how would you compare the Region B version with the new Criterion version just released. Haven't watched it yet but its next on my list when I get home.

attachicon.gif
TimeBandits_Blu-Criterion.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks