What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ This is Spinal Tap -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Jeff Robertson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff Robertson
Agreed! MGM did a great job on this disc!! The same can be said for all of my recent MGM purchases. They're doing Blu-Ray right! I just don't know how much I have to credit Fox.
Originally Posted by Robert Harris

When one is working with real estate smaller than a postage stamp, a millimeter or so extra can make a huge difference. Spinal Tap took advantage of the space being shot in Super 16. Even on Blu-ray the difference is obvious when compared to standard 16. Spinal Tap is a beautiful disc.

RAH

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Geez between the news of the burned-in subs and RAH's endorsement, it isn't making the wait any easier.

Spinal Pap [Spinal Tarp?] should be debuting at my home theater by tomorrow night, Friday at the latest.

Originally Posted by Robert Harris

When one is working with real estate smaller than a postage stamp, a millimeter or so extra can make a huge difference. Spinal Tap took advantage of the space being shot in Super 16. Even on Blu-ray the difference is obvious when compared to standard 16. Spinal Tap is a beautiful disc.

RAH

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Originally Posted by Carlo Medina

Spinal Pap [Spinal Tarp?] should be debuting at my home theater by tomorrow night, Friday at the latest.
I used it as an opening act before a puppet show at my house last night.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
USPS came through early! Just screened it and I am more than happy with the quality of the picture and sound, and of course the burned-in subtitles.

Chased down the Spinal Tap viewing by watching my DVR copy of last night's Daily Show (which featured Spinal Tap).

It's been a very, very good night.

Well done MGM and Fox. Very well done.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Now that is an AWESOME package!

I remember a few years back when Marshall actually did release real guitar amps in honor of Spinal Tap that did go to 11. I was out of cash back then but I'd really buy one now if they re-released them. Of course I'd never get any real guitar playing done because I'd be too busy reciting the scene to my friends who came over to see the amp...

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
Now that the UK disc has been out for a while, with a superior selection of extras on one disc, can anyone comment on how the picture compares with the US version, and if the UK uses the burned-in subtitles?

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
UK version has burnt-in subs all the way, which was a lovely surprise. I can't speak for the PQ compared to the American edition, though it looks every bit as gritty and grungy as you'd expect, with a big dollop o' grain. Great audio too, although the 5.1 mix itself has always pretty darned good (I remember being wowed by the MGM 2-disc DVD back in the day).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks