1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Stunt Man -- in Blu-ray

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Robert Harris, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Charles Smith

Charles Smith Extremely Talented Member
    Supporter

Charles Smith
    Same here, because if I recall, the reviews of the Blu-ray were fairly damning.

ahollis likes this.
  2. Tom St Jones

Tom St Jones Stunt Coordinator

Tom
    Well, the 35th anniversary of this film has (technically) come and gone. If any of the "boutique" labels are likely to pick this up, are there any clues as yet concerning who it would probably be? Criterion (my preferred), Twilight Time, Kino Lorber, Arrow, Olive?

3. Worth

Worth Screenwriter

Nick Dobbs
    Not sure what you mean here. The Severin blu-ray has been available since 2011 and is still in print and widely available.

4. Tom St Jones

Tom St Jones Stunt Coordinator

Tom
    As an earlier poster essentially said, the Bluray Severin put out has been widely condemned as subpar and unrepresentative of how the film should look. RAH also gave it thumbs down. This is a classic film that deserves better. Therefore, I was hoping someone may have info or have at least heard a rumor as to whether Severin intends to bring out a remaster at some point in near future, or perhaps that a different third-party studio (especially Criterion) has hinted at having licensed it for a release of their own eventually.