What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Mickey Rooney & Judy Garland Collection (1 Viewer)

FrankXS

Second Unit
Just picked up my copy of Mickey/Judy and perused the contents over lunch with a friend. UNBELIEVEABLE !!!!!!!!!!! Is it watch my PHILLIES play for the Eastern championship or start on Mickey and Judy ? Maybe 2 films this afternoon before the game and the rest tomorrow.

I only hope that the announcement lull from George and friends at Warner is only because of all the work getting the Kubrick set/Blade Runner and the Harry Potter set out the end of the year. Unusual titles announced for the beginning of the year (The Ritz and Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner). If they are not selling enough titles, would they release these or a Harlow set or Forbidden Hollywood set or Joan Crawford or Bette Davis to get a bigger sales total ?

THANK YOU George, John Fricke, Mickey Rooney and everyone involved with this Mickey/Judy collection !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark VH

Second Unit

Um, I'd say start on Mickey and Judy, since the Mets are going all the way.

Ugh, no, couldn't even get through that sentence without crying (I'm a Met fan). I need a drink.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member

It's a moot point- the Yankees are VERY hungry for another World Series, and what Steinbrenner wants, Steinbrenner gets!

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
I live with a fellow film enthusiast, and we brought this home last night...we were both impressed with the packaging and contents...I'm currently enjoying the commentary track on GIRL CRAZY...make no mistake, this is a first class release. Buy it.

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor
This is another wonder from Warner. I echo all the praise here, and have already bought a few extra copies to give as Xmas gifts....it's THAT good !

Kudos to all involved....

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
RAH,

Your post about this has convinced me to put this on my Christmas wish. I've never seen any of the movies in question (ducks rotten vegetables and fruit thrown his way). I would buy, but at the moment I'm a poor college student trying to limit his DVD purchases.

ScottHM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
My DVDs arrived from Amazon today. I agree that the set is a good value, and the packing is high quality.

Having said that, I hope Warner (and Universal) immediately stop planning multi-disc sets with packaging that contains overlapping discs. There are much better alternatives out there.

Now it's time for me to pop in a DVD and see how things look from that perspective. :)

---------------

BernieV

Stunt Coordinator
Just added it to my DD wishlist. Makes me hope they'll release an Andy Hardy collection, Maisie, and other "B" series of the 30s some day.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I did not receive a review copy until this past Saturday, so it will take me a few days to get through the whole thing. I'm not crazy about overlapping discs either, but the packaging of this set, including the hardbound book with the supplement DVD, disc tables of contents, John Fricke essays, etc. is otherwise so first class that I can't bring myself to complain.

Regards,

alistairKerr

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alistair
Living in the UK, I just got my copy of this set today. All I can say is "wow"! This has to be the best release of 2007 by a long chalk. Superb packaging
(apart from these dratted overlapping discs), great films and extras, a bonus book and postcard set, all lovingly prepared for us film fans by Warners. I detect the fine hand of maestro George Feltenstein in all of this - many thanks, George!

Alistair

Richard Matich

Stunt Coordinator
I got my copy Sunday and its wonderful. Another top job form Warners. Bring on more! :) I also like the packaging. The overlap does not hurt me any. The fact that the outside is sturdy like that of the Sturges set makes me smile. No more plain cardboard. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks