What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Earrings of Madame De... -- in Blu-ray (2 Viewers)

McCrutchy

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean
You should never trust an Amazon site regarding specs. They can be right, but are often wrong. In this case, however, the Gaumont BD definitely has English subtitles, and while I don't think the disc has yet been officially verified, Gaumont's store says it is region-free. In any event, Gaumont rarely lock catalog titles, and indeed, have no reason to lock this one, since they own the film outright. A pre-order is safe.

Oblivion138

Second Unit
Real Name
James O'Blivion
I know Amazon specs are notoriously unreliable, hence the question. ;)

Thanks for the input. It will be nice to be able to pick this one up, as it's one of the rare Criterion releases that I've avoided outright.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
That's an astonishing comparison; poor Criterion must be spitting chips that they accepted such a dud. I wonder if they'll reissue?
And did Gaumont redo Children of Paradise? Is there an acceptable version of that out there somewhere?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks