1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Devil Wears Prada -- in BD

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Robert Harris, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Archivist
    Supporter

Robert Harris
    Fox Home Video's Blu-Ray presentation of The Devil Wears Prada takes Florian Ballhaus' cinematography and brings it to BD disc looking brilliant, colorful, and rock steady. What a beautiful disc!

Devil is a wonderfully entertaining film, with quality performances that looks simply terrific on a 1080p Pioneer plasma. I continue to mention viewing devices, as viewing environments do seem to make a difference. As 1080p appears to be the standard that we're going to have for a while, upgrading, if it can be afforded is suggested.

Very Highly Recommended. And yet another of Fox's BD releases to make the translation in gorgeous form. It's also nice to see special features such as deleted scenes in high definition to along with the main event.

This disc is a keeper.

RAH

2. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    Thanks so much! I just finished watching this (in 1080p!) and the picture was stellar. The night scenes in Paris were incredible.

- Steve

3. Greg Kettell

Greg Kettell Well-Known Member

Greg K.
    I thought the picture quality was quite good, especially considering this was a BD25 MPEG-2 release.

4. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Archivist
    Supporter

Robert Harris
    Running time is only 109 minutes, with transfer rate above 50 at times.

5. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Well-Known Member

Neil Joseph
    I have had this in my hands so many times. If I can get it at thee right price then it is mine. A film that grows on me the more I watch it.