What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Bourne Trilogy -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter

Surely someone of your clout can afford a presentational shelf for just these types of special releases. I have one and am sure I make a fraction of your salary.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick

Must be pick on Robert Harris day/week.

Travis, it doesnt matter what kind of money you make. That kind of stuff doesnt interest me. Ape heads, fancy DVD books, briefcases...its all crap. Just give me the movie in a plastic DVD, or Blu-ray case, that will stand the test of time, and doesnt waste space. Thats all i want.

I got the Bourne movies today. Thats a damn fine set!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The man doesn't like large packaging for whatever reason, he's not alone in that regard for reasons stated beforehand on this forum by more than a few members.

Crawdaddy

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris

I was referring not to the disposal of the Bourne packaging, which works, but rather to its comparison with the myriad of Notebook material, much of which will end up in a landfill.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Ah. It misunderstood. I thought you meant that Bourne too had a lot of extra packaging, to be thrown away, keeping only the interior disc holders.

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
I still say that the amount of concern Mr. Harris puts on unorthodox packaging vs. dropped bonus features is perplexing and thoroughly out of balance. That's just my opinion; I've nothing more to embellish. If you agree with Mr. Harris's balance of concerns, then you and I don't relate. If you agree with me that it's a head-scratcher, then a virtual high-five to you. Moving on...

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I don't understand why any of us have to agree or disagree with either level of concern.

Crawdaddy

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter

1) I never said "had to", but you and others chose to publically disagree with me nonetheless, prompting me to defend my opinion. So, if you insist on being so pedantic about the issue, please reread my last post as if the words "if you choose to agree/disagree with me..." were included.

2) I said "moving on..." at the close of the post, to indicate all I wanted to say on the issue had been said and there was no reason to berate the issue further on either side. As an administrator, is there some reason why you are denying this request for me and prolonging an unnecessary debate?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
What I don't understand is your quest to make a "mountain out of a mole hill" like you have an axe to grind. Furthermore, I never disagreed with your request for extras to begin with and support that assertion, but at the same time, I understand why others would have a problem with poor packaging especially after experiencing the "Casablanca" boxset issue.

Crawdaddy

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter

Let's be fair and realistic with our accusations here--reread my original post and you'll see that all I was doing was giving Mr. Harris a little ribbing, the equivalent of "oh, that Robert Harris, he sure can be a crazy kid sometimes, can't he?" It was others, such as yourself, that turned that one-off "mole hill" into a "mountain" by rushing to defend Mr. Harris as though I had threatened to murder his children and burn his house down. Amazing the lack of perspective that can happen around here when anyone is even minutely critical of the exalted Mr. Harris. So, I ask again, since absolutely nothing of any worth (or dignity) is happening on either side of this argument anymore, can we please move on?

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam

+1 I wouldn't have purchased the Dirty Harry BD box set had I know they weren't going to be in individual cases. As soon as I find some artwork I will move them to individual cases. At least Fox released Bond and PoTA movies in the indivial cases (which I bought)so they would fit on my shelves.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Perhaps people would, if you didn't come back time and again to add to your (allow me) mile long rant.

Oh, and sometimes, when a member who happens to be an administrator is taking part in a discussion, he's not doing that specifically in his capacity of administrator. Like Crawdaddy in this thread.

So "As an administrator, is there some reason why you are denying this request for me and prolonging an unnecessary debate?" is totally beside the point. In fact, one could wonder why you, not being a moderator, try to direct other members to stop replying to your posts - more than once.

If you like a discussion to stop, the best way of course is: to stop in the first place. If you won't stop, people can rightfully assume that you really want to continue and they have a right to refute your last remark, whatever that happens to be (because you originally started the matter).

Cees

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
I could write for a mile about the gross inaccuracies and perversions of fact littering your post, but to what end? I've asked twice now for the bickering over so little to cease; your refusal to do so speaks volumes. If you are pleased with sacrificing your dignity, I won't stop you--but nor will I join you. What I will focus on is your revolting and indefensible labelling of me as "idiotic". I quote from the forum rules you are pledged to protect, support and defend: "We will not verbally attack other members in a personal way, but instead try to contribute to the common knowledge about, and understanding of all applicable topics discussed." I believe, at minimum, I am owed a public apology for this transgression--I know for a fact that line would not have been tolerated for a second if it had been said by a "regular" forum member--and would suggest you to take a good hard look at your desire and ability to "practice what you preach".

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Please, read.
't Was the hyperboles I called "rather idiotic". Not you.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

By which label I stand.

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks