What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Swamp Thing -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Wes Craven's Swamp Thing was in post at Gomillion Studios in 1981, when I was there on another project.

On its face, and at its most basic, Swamp Thing is a sweet horror-comedy (hor-edy?). There is a great deal here to like, if you allow it to simply unfold before you without going in with low-budget / camp / whatever precognitions.

For the cineaste, lots of nuances that harken back to films of the past.

I'm not sure what Scream Factory was given as a master element, but it falls into the better than okay range. Dupes are quite soft, while original photography are just soft. Not unappealingly soft, but soft, and with grain structure falling into the far more than "velvety" category.

Occasional minus density or damage is part of the dupes, and could have easily have been cleaned up a bit.

Color is fine, while aforementioned detail is down a bit.

It's okay.

But still have great deal of fun.

Image - 3.75

Audio - 5

RAH

ijthompson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jordan
I have a soft spot for this film (and the comics it comes from). But having previously owned (and pawned, in desperation) the much-coveted Unrated Cut on dvd, I can't bring myself to buy this on blu unless it contains that cut. The movie simply isn't good enough to double-dip!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks