What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ South Park - The Complete Twelfth Season -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Unlike most shows where they work for nine or ten months straight on one season, they do South Park seasons in two separate blocks. They come in the spring and make the episodes that air in the spring. Then they take a break and then come back in the fall and do the other half of the season. So it's not like the produced episode 7 of S12 and then decided to make a switch on the very next episode- there was a months long gap between the two halves of the season.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
^^ Yeah, I knew that, but it's still all of season 12 - kind of an odd thing to do in the middle of a season, no matter how long the gap is between runs.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I agree, it's odd - but "The Simpsons" just did the same thing, switching to 16x9 HD in the middle of their 20th season. Looks great, BTW.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
There's a 'real' reason for The Simpsons though. For years, Fox hasn't aired every episode produced for the season. They've been doing it so long that the first 9 episodes of S20 were actually episodes produced for S19.

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor
I'm still trying to digest that SP is in HD.

Comedy Central is one of those channels that haven't yet found it's way to my cable's HD tier.

Nice to know blu-ray's will be available.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Ahh, makes sense. Also explains why last week's episode was about the kids going back to school in the fall...

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it looks AWESOME! I still can't get over it. It feels like I'm watching the movie and not the TV show.

Which is why I'm really bummed that I won't be able to watch SP in HD. :frowning:

Hopefully they'll show the regular channel in letterboxed mode like the Simpsons does with it's SD channel.

Shane D

Supporting Actor
be nice if southparkstudios puts up a hd version to to see, not holding my breath for that though. (no cable so i catch new episodes the day after streaming on southparkstudios.com

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks