What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Sleeping Beauty -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I wasn't commenting on color so much as I was the darker look in that scene from the previous release, which makes the new one look more washed out. The new release does show more of the frame, which is an improvement.

BCGHR2

Auditioning
Real Name
Herbert
To echo RAH's comments about the SB restoration team: at the very cool AMPAS presentation in July they said that they were granted access to and screened an IB print held at the Academy as a color reference. They also routinely go to the Disney Aniamtion Research Library to look at the cels on all of these restorations - so as Mr. Harris stated - they have done their research and then some. I don't think ANY of the prior video releases ever went to that level of research.

As for the audio - I spoke with someone who was instrumental in helping with that mix and they assure me that they do not add anything to the tracks - they work only with what they have. The good news is that they still had stereo music masters so they were able to place chorus as well as dialog for the 7.1 remix. No one is calling the 7.1 mix the definitive mix of the film (as there is a cleaned up 4.0 avaialble on the disc as well). But it is a special feature and one that gives them an opportunity to expand upon the orignal mix. 7.1 keeps the marketing people happy.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I know I'm late to the discussion, but I finally had a chance to view this disc. It was a revelation and the improvement over the SD disc was greater than I even expected. Maybe some one who missed this thread the first time around will see it now and enjoy both the disc and the discussion of it in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks