What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Rome -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Mark
I have been interested in checking out "Rome" since I read RAH's review, and now that will come to pass shortly thanks to an exceptional Best Buy sale...
Currently, Best Buy has the individual Seasons 1 & 2 boxsets on sale for $24.99 each. Additionally, Best Buy is running their DVD trade-in program, where a customer is given a $5 coupon for each used DVD (up to 5 per visit) that is turned over to their Customer Service desk. The coupon can be used to purchase any Blu-ray priced $9.99 and above.
That brings the cost of each season box to $24.99+tax minus $5
But wait, there's more!
If you buy either Season 1 or Season 2 in-store (not online), you can purchase the "Game of Thrones" Sampler Blu-Ray Disc for $0.01.
I bought Rome Season 1 + "Game of Thrones" Sampler Blu-Ray for appx. $21.
Then I turned around and bought Rome Season 2 + "Game of Thrones" Sampler Blu-Ray (second copy for a friend) for appx. $21.
All 22 episodes of HBO's "Rome" on Blu-ray + "Game of Thrones" Sampler episode on Blu-ray (x2) for $42.
I don't think the single-package Rome Complete Series boxset contains anything exclusive that is missing from the separate season boxsets, so this is a pretty sweet deal. Happy shopping, fellow HTF members :)

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Who's On First? said:
I have been interested in checking out "Rome" since I read RAH's review, and now that will come to pass shortly thanks to an exceptional Best Buy sale...
Currently, Best Buy has the individual Seasons 1 & 2 boxsets on sale for $24.99 each. Additionally, Best Buy is running their DVD trade-in program, where a customer is given a $5 coupon for each used DVD (up to 5 per visit) that is turned over to their Customer Service desk. The coupon can be used to purchase any Blu-ray priced $9.99 and above.
That brings the cost of each season box to $24.99+tax minus $5
But wait, there's more!
If you buy either Season 1 or Season 2 in-store (not online), you can purchase the "Game of Thrones" Sampler Blu-Ray Disc for $0.01.
I bought Rome Season 1 + "Game of Thrones" Sampler Blu-Ray for appx. $21.
Then I turned around and bought Rome Season 2 + "Game of Thrones" Sampler Blu-Ray (second copy for a friend) for appx. $21.
All 22 episodes of HBO's "Rome" on Blu-ray + "Game of Thrones" Sampler episode on Blu-ray (x2) for $42.
I don't think the single-package Rome Complete Series boxset contains anything exclusive that is missing from the separate season boxsets, so this is a pretty sweet deal. Happy shopping, fellow HTF members :)
Excellent deal! I paid c. $25 for each season from amzn, and I thought that was a good price. It's a quality show. Rather brutal in places...If you like shows about Roman history, this one covers the period before the classic BBC show I Claudius in the 70s

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
The individual seasons are $16.99 right now at Amazon. Can anyone tell me what the packaging is on these?

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I finally ordered this today, I haven't bought any Blu-rays for a while & am having withdrawal symptoms. TCM started showing it again in the weekend, I got through half the first episode & 1/I remembered what a great series this was & 2/thought this deserves HD (I get a sort of sub SD picture watching TCM in England). £29 from Amazon, couldn't get it any cheaper, but that's a more than fair price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks