1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Nothing Sacred -- in Blu-ray

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Robert Harris, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott Well-Known Member

You should be able to score this title for $14.40 (pre tax) when it streets Tuesday, from B&N.com with the use of one of the numerous 20% off coupons floating around. If you are a member, you won't have to pay shipping, otherwise there is a $25 minimum to get free shipping. There is a 40% off sale going on this week, so it shouldn't be too hard to find something else to toss in the cart.
    This looks like the last thing I will be ordering this year. It will be nice to see it again after all these years, in a presentation that's finally worth a damn.

2. Will Krupp

Will Krupp Well-Known Member

Will
    So, exciting news!

The Capitol Theater in Rome, NY will be showing the 35mm Disney restoration at their Capitolfest this coming August!

http://www.romecapitol.com/capitolfest.html

I'd love to go...as I can't imagine we're going to see this on home video any time soon (it's only been 14 years!)

The Capitol even uses carbon arc lamps!

3. Bob Furmanek

Bob Furmanek Insider
    Insider

I've been to the Capitol many times.
    With carbon arc, good operators and an original installation Moller organ, it's a must for any classic film fan!

4. Mark-P

Mark-P Well-Known Member

Mark Probst
    Well then by all means, you should go, Will. After all, you are within driving distance! I know how disappointed you were with the look of the Blu-ray which was not from the original 3-strip negatives. I can only imagine that this presentation will be eye-popping.

5. Mark Walker

Mark Walker Premium
    Supporter

I am curious if anyone went and how Nothing Sacred looked.

I have the current Blu-ray, and it is fine, but I would hope there might be a sliver of a chance Disney will release their print on Blu-ray. I would buy it again.

So, exciting news!
    The Capitol Theater in Rome, NY will be showing the 35mm Disney restoration at their Capitolfest this coming August!
    http://www.romecapit...apitolfest.html
    I'd love to go...as I can't imagine we're going to see this on home video any time soon (it's only been 14 years!)
    The Capitol even uses carbon arc lamps!

6. Charles Smith

Charles Smith Extremely Talented Member
    Supporter

Charles Smith
    Luscious!

Mark Walker likes this.