1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Memphis Belle -- in Blu-ray

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Robert Harris, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Archivist
    Supporter

Robert Harris
    XenForo Template

What a great concept.

Take a WWII documentary, produced by the Motion Picture Unit of the U.S. Air Force, as directed by William Wyler, and photographed by among others, William Clothier, and William Skall, about the final mission over Germany of Memphis Belle, a B-17. 

Take the filmmaker's daughter, Catherine, add in a British producer David Puttman, director Michael Caton-Jones, the cinematography of David Watkin, and the music of George Fenton, and easy as can be...

out comes a terrific WWII drama, to which an opening title "Based upon actual events," need not be appended.

Memphis Belle is a film worthy of your two hours investment.  The Blu-ray looks fine, and audio, in DTS-MA HD is as is should be.

A quality release from WB, the end of which had me thinking of Amazing Stories.

Image - 4.5

Audio - 5

Recommended.

RAH

ScottGros117 and ahollis like this.
  2. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder 映画ファン

Malcolm
    I think Memphis Belle reminded me of the Howard Hawks 1943 film Air force, in both films they fly a B-17 bomber.

3. titch

titch Member

Kevin Oppegaard
    I've missed Mr. Harris' reviews of catalogue titles lately; for me, the highlight of this forum is reading them. I almost always purchase the title, if approved. Should the presentation receive the thumbs down, the title is cancelled. I've just ordered Memphis Belle and The Outsiders after Mr. Harris recommended them.