What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Lifeforce -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Tobe Hooper's 1985 Lifeforce, about vampires from outer space, has always been a crowd-pleaser. Shot on a very decent budget, for the era, some of the effects might look a bit last century, but overall they still work.

With an image harvested from what appears to be an IP, Scream Factory's new Blu-ray is a quality affair. Grain looks appropriately print-like. Color, density and shadow detail all work nicely.

Audio, in DTS-HD MA, sounds superb, and at times, huge. It can give speakers a good work-out.

A fun film, that holds up nicely, especially with the presence of the space girl, Mathilda May -- now 48.

Image - 4.5

Audio - 5

Recommended.

RAH

theonemacduff

Second Unit
Real Name
Jon Paul
Another personal favourite, especially because of its incredible momentum, which is something I love in films, the sense that one is strapped in for a ride that is not going to let up.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
One of my faves as well. Lifeforce almost has a Hammer feel to it, and I mean that in a very good way. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the presentation on this Blu-ray. The transfer is wonderful and some of the extras are interesting. Loved the interview with Matilda, who's still very beautiful today.

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
I have the crappy old DVD - was just waiting for a good review like this - I'm ordering it now. Hope I can find the HTF link.

Edit: found the link and ordered through HTF/Amazon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks