1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Knocked Up -- in HD

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Robert Harris, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Archivist
    Supporter

Robert Harris
    At the time of it's theatrical release earlier this year, Universal's Knocked Up was being spoken of as a great comedy. I had heard the same in regard to 40 Year Old Virgin, the earlier Apatow project, the intense humor of which somehow avoided me, but obviously not others as it was an extremely popular film.

I found Knocked Up funny, sweet and disarming, with nicely drawn characters, and a slightly unpleasant premise -- a nice little film. Possibly it's simply too long since I've been in college.

Universal's HD disc is clean and colorful, with nice blacks, good shadow detail and crisp resolution. This is quality HD release of a sweet little film.

Recommended.

RAH

2. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    Agreed on all points! I know you area of expertise is the visual side of things but any thoughts on the surround mix Mr. Harris?

3. Brent M

Brent M Producer

The 40 Year Old Virgin was one of my favorite comedies of the last 8-10 years so I can't wait for Knocked Up. [​IMG]

4. Mark Booth

Mark Booth Premium
    Supporter

I've preordered this one as a blind buy (HD of course) and....

wait for it....

it's coming....

I can't wait to get Knocked Up! [​IMG]

Mark

5. Vincent-P

Vincent-P Second Unit

I had both the R-Rated DVD & Unrated 2-Disc Collector's Edition DVD of Knocked Up. A little while ago, I bought the Blu-Ray+DVD+Digital Copy combo edition. Last night I went through & documented all the special features on both old DVD editions and compared them to the Blu-Ray to make sure everything was ported over to the Blu-Ray so I could sell them off.I

t turns out every special feature has been carried over in name, including the Easter Egg from the Collector's Edition. However, the featurette "Finding Ben Stone" is 2 & a half minutes shorter on the Blu-Ray compared to the Collector's Edition DVD.

On the DVD it runs 30:28, on the Blu-Ray it runs 27:54. I compared them & the Blu-Ray version is entirely missing the section with Orlando Bloom. He's supposed to come between Michael Cera & James Franco, but is completely gone along with Judd Apatow introducing the James Franco audition. Judd says "Let's just get the best there is," and then it smash cuts to audition footage with James Franco. He's supposed to say "Let's just get the best there is, and so we went out, obviously, to Orlando Bloom." Is everyone else's copy like this?