1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Kismet -- in Blu-ray

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Robert Harris, Jun 5, 2014.

1. davidmatychuk

davidmatychuk Well-Known Member

David Matychuk
    I used to play the "MGM Jubilee Overture" that was included on the initial widescreen laserdisc of "Seven Brides For Seven Brothers" for EVERYBODY.

ahollis likes this.
  2. classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy Well-Known Member

Byron
    I'm pretty sure it was also included in the 2-disc DVD of "Seven Brides...".

3. Doug Bull

Doug Bull Advanced Member

Doug Bull
    Yes, you are correct Byron.

sevenbrides.jpg

Now for the BLU-RAY including The Jubilee Overture if it ever hopefully eventuates.

Doug.

4. lionel59

lionel59 Well-Known Member

Michael Robert Lionel Evans
    There were also Wide Screen (ie. 1.77:1) versions shot of BRIGADOON and ROSE MARIE. I saw the latter in a cinema in the '70's. Would be nice to see them released for the sake of comparison with, say, a blu ray release of these titles.
    I remember in the '70's, a cinema in Melbourne played THE ROBE for the 25th anniversary of CinemaScope. Fox mistakenly shipped out a print of the flat version (which turned up on the Blu Ray release, though in a PIP (Picture in Picture) presentation which is not easy to view and adequately discern its merits/flaws.). I'm guessing they probably also did a 1.77:1 version of THE STUDENT PRINCE as it was shot in 1954. Anyone know when MGM ceased doing this? Was there a flat version of HOW TO MARRY A MILLIONAIRE made? I believe they finished that before THE ROBE.
    The JUBILEE OVERTURE is also on my LD boxed set of the THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT! movies, which was beautifully produced. Coming late to a movie in the '50's was not a good idea- unlike today!

Richard M S and davidmatychuk like this.
  5. JoelA

JoelA Well-Known Member

Joel Arndt
    I believe Metro ceased the dual production sometime in 1954, but I'm sure Bob Furmanek could confirm this.

Would love to see an anamorphic Jubilee Overture. Maybe included with a bd of Seven Brides For Seven Brothers? Wishful thinking all the way around.

ahollis and davidmatychuk like this.
  6. Edward Weinman

Edward Weinman Well-Known Member

Why?...if they did it once, they can do it again...(yes, wishful thinking!)

JoelA likes this.