What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Inglourious Basterds -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Universal's newly released Blu-ray of Quentin Tarantino's Glourious Basterds follows a great heritage of films about the love of the cinema.

From Buster Keaton's 1924 Sherlock Jr. to Harry Hurwitz's The Projectionist with Chuck McCann in the booth, to Guisseppe Tornatore's Cinema Paradiso and now Mr. Tarantino's Glourious Basterds, these films have always been something special.

Only now with Nazis.

Inglourious Basterds is a glorious Blu-ray, both visually and sonically -- the track extremely full, rich and resoundingly satisfying.

Terrific film. Great new Blu-ray.

Recommended.

RAH

MatS

Screenwriter
sold .... oh wait I just got done watching it

loved the QT's Camera Angels feature
and was thrilled to get to watch the full movie again tonight

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Originally Posted by Robert Harris

Universal's newly released Blu-ray of Quentin Tarantino's Glourious Basterds follows a great heritage of films about the love of the cinema.

From Buster Keaton's 1924 Sherlock Jr. to Harry Hurwitz's The Projectionist with Chuck McCann in the booth, to Guisseppe Tornatore's Cinema Paradiso and now Mr. Tarantino's Glourious Basterds, these films have always been something special.

Only now with Nazis.
Interesting comparisons! I'm now even more psyched to see this. (I got the disc yesterday but will wait until next week when my father visits to watch it.)

hampsteadbandit

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
rob cole
fantastic film

loved it in the cinema, and it looks truly beautiful on Blu-Ray

got this last week, and have watched it twice already (like the new Star Trek which I also saw in cinema and on Blu-Ray at home)

I.B. gets better with each watch as you can focus on the crackling dialogue and appreciate the films structure

highly recommended

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Just got done watching this one as a blind buy. I went in with zero expectations and came out amazed at how beautifully crafted this picture is. QT's best since Pulp, in my opinion.

Brian Husar

Supporting Actor
I like how QT went back to animorphic with this one. His first since Pulp. I know Robert Richardson hates Super 35 but he uses it with Scorsese, and he and QT used it on Kill Bill because the animorphic zoom was too slow for the quick zooms QT wanted. This is his best since Pulp, and the more you watch it the better it gets. Certain critics complained about no battle scenes, but so what. Incredible blu ray transfer. Hope the oscars do this film justice.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
Sound design in relation to music was interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks