What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Heat -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
I used to wonder what exactly "came out of" Hanna when he thought about women's asses, but that's really none of my business.

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
Well, since Michael slapped me down on my other thread I'll chime in here and bring this thread back to life. (Yes, I searched, but you know... Threads!)

I started yet another annoying "conspiracy" thread about the two of these big shots in the same scenes, etc. (Altho, I am not a conspiracy theorist. I just noticed this, is all, and wondered about it from a technical filmmaking POV.) After reading this thread thru, I'll say: Doesn't matter, of course, but it would have been nice in a technical way to have an establishing shot that looks like the still earlier in this thread. Start the scene with it. End the scene with it. Fact is, whether it matters or not, it could have been a back-double for all the scenes involving the two guys together. Could have, probably isn't, but is not unheard of in the film biz. And because of that it's a strange (not bad) directorial decision to make, especially for a director who tends to favor moving cameras in wide panoramas.

That said, I'm bowing out, since I only meant to bring it up because it occurred to me and any discussion of it, from a techical POV, gets short-shrift.

No worries. Great film. Great direction, great acting all around, wonderful to own.

Nothing more to see here. Please move on. Thanks!

MC

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I'm glad the information to which I directed you answered your questions.

Despite the inadequacies of the current search function, threads relating to a film on disc are usually easy to find. In this instance, since you started your thread in the Blu-ray/Hi-Def area, presumably you knew that Heat has been released on Blu-ray (or assumed it would be shortly). If you input "heat blu" in the search box at the top of the forum, the first result returned is the product entry for the Blu-ray disc of Heat. When you go to that entry, the threads listed under it include this one:

[url=

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks