What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ From Here to Eternity -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Robert Harris said:
Chalk one more up for those keeping score of Academy Award films missing in Blu-ray action.

After delays, Columbia (Sony) is finally releasing Fred Zinnemann's 1953 Best Picture to Blu-ray, and it's arriving with waves crashing and guns blaring.

One of the finest films of any era, FHtE has received a proper restoration from the studio, and looks superb down-rezzed to Blu-ray.

Gray scale is gorgeous. Black levels superb. Resolution, grain structure, as they should be. Audio crisp, clean and defined.

This is an easy one.

One of the great films. Just buy a copy and enjoy.

Image - 5

Audio - 5

Very Highly Recommended.

RAH
I went ahead and did just that. I've never seen this film (I know, shame on me. :lol: ) but, somehow, I think I'll enjoy it.

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
Beautiful transfer of a great film. As for the extras, this must be the least impressive "Making of" featurette ever done.

Escapay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Albert Gutierrez
Rick Thompson said:
Beautiful transfer of a great film. As for the extras, this must be the least impressive "Making of" featurette ever done.
It's excerpted from the 1999 documentary The Lady with the Torch, so it's not really a making-of in the true sense of the word. But it's still unimpressive.

I'd rather they have just edited all the picture-in-picture interviews together into one complete piece (they run a collective 50 minutes) and billed it as a new making-of documentary.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks